• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Killing Bites Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Manji, the Slayer of Hundreds, has been cursed with eternal life — but in the dark of his existence shines a final glimmer of hope.

That's Blade of the Immortal, not Killing Bites.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean we'll get a dub from them?
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I can live with or without a dub for this one. Although it is still awesome to see another one of the Amazon exclusives get licensed. Kinda surprised by this one too since it came out a good while ago. Either way here's hoping this is a sign we'll get Dororo and Vinland Saga (and hopefully those along with Blade of the Immortal DO get dubs)
RockSplash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:53 am Reply with quote
Ultimate N wrote:
I can live with or without a dub for this one. Although it is still awesome to see another one of the Amazon exclusives get licensed. Kinda surprised by this one too since it came out a good while ago. Either way here's hoping this is a sign we'll get Dororo and Vinland Saga (and hopefully those along with Blade of the Immortal DO get dubs)

Don't forget Banana fish. That one needs a dub. It takes place in New York for crying out loud.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:57 am Reply with quote
Ultimate N wrote:
Vinland Saga given its setting would be ideal with a dub. Dororo and Blade of the Immortal would do fine without a dub, especially the latter where everyone looks very Japanese.
#901749 wrote:
Don't forget Banana fish. That one needs a dub. It takes place in New York for crying out loud.
I can see David Wald dubbing that if it gets licensed. It may end up going elsewhere, like Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress which went to Crunchyroll.
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:58 am Reply with quote
Vanadise wrote:

That's Blade of the Immortal, not Killing Bites.

You beat me to it. ANN you got an error in the article need correction.

This type of stuff happens, hopefully a correction will be done soon.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:14 pm Reply with quote
So are they gonna have the directorsxut version on the release? Unclear at this point.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:48 pm Reply with quote
This was a hot trash anime, but the good hot trash kind. Hell one of the former members of TFS (Ben) even liked it and he was the most picky of the bunch.
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:19 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Vinland Saga given its setting would be ideal with a dub. Dororo and Blade of the Immortal would do fine without a dub, especially the latter where everyone looks very Japanese.

Honestly I don't think location should matter when it comes to voice acting although I understand your reasoning behind that. Personally I've been waiting for Dororo and Vinland Saga and BotI to have dubs so I haven't watched them yet.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I love this show and it had a hell of a soundtrack composed by Yasaharu Takanashi (I consider it one of his best and powerful works, it really fits the edgy mood of the series).

A hidden trashy gem among the fighting anime shows. The studio did also a good job with the changes of the original and the chronological order of events to benefit the narration. Hopefully this title will get more exposure through their new release.

As for the manga, it's kinda rare to see that Germany is a step ahead with the licence/release compared to the other regions. Always wondered what might be the reason for it since I consider its content not less or more suitable for western audiences than other violence-heavy titles.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:36 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
This was a hot trash anime, but the good hot trash kind. Hell one of the former members of TFS (Ben) even liked it and he was the most picky of the bunch.

I miss Ben, FourStarBento, and Anime FMK so much it's not even funny. I got into a lot of anime after/while watching them review and talk about stuff. It was a solid year.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:39 am Reply with quote
I'd laugh if Sentai thought they were licensing Blade of the Immortal only for the contract paperwork to say "Killing Bites". I think the Japanese VAs did a "killer" job so I'm less interested in an English dub and more that this will have a BD release finally. I just hope for the sequel that the last Ep left open. I just loved this unconventional show!
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm Reply with quote
https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/a/news/sentai-official-january-2021-slate

No dub for Killing Bites but there will be one for Blade of the Immortal.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:55 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
I'd laugh if Sentai thought they were licensing Blade of the Immortal only for the contract paperwork to say "Killing Bites".
At first I highly doubted that, now that it is not getting a dub, that sounds like a possibility.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1