Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Licenses New Manga by Ema Toyama, Kaori Yuki, More




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 4872
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Beauty and the Beast of the Lost Paradise
- This sounds interesting, art looks nice too.

The Invincible Reincarnated Ponkotsu
- Looks interesting, and I like the art. Though it looks familiar for some reason.

I Guess I Became the Mother of the Great Demon King's 10 Children in Another World
- A big No for me. Unless the kids have already been born. Otherwise this is just a breeding manga.

Sachi's Monstrous Appetite
- Premise sounds interesting, though the style of the art might be outdated, the humor will have to do the heavy lifting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seagloom



Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 206
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:25 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I Guess I Became the Mother of the Great Demon King's 10 Children in Another World
- A big No for me. Unless the kids have already been born. Otherwise this is just a breeding manga.


It's a comedy with a bit of romance and a speck of drama. The kids haven't already been born at the start, but the story is absolutely nowhere near that dark. In fact, it is incredibly wholesome. I wouldn't be surprised if Ema Toyama was inspired by her unborn child (who was born around the serialization of the first volume) when coming up with this story.


Last edited by Seagloom on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 3388
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:26 pm Reply with quote
"Sailor Moon Naoko Takeuchi Collection - April 2021"

Another edition? Is it a box set of the Eternal Editions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
sakurahitagi



Joined: 12 Jan 2014
Posts: 37
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
"Sailor Moon Naoko Takeuchi Collection - April 2021"

Another edition? Is it a box set of the Eternal Editions?


That's what I want to know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sheleigha



Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 1645
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:50 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
"Sailor Moon Naoko Takeuchi Collection - April 2021"

Another edition? Is it a box set of the Eternal Editions?



Quote:
A new edition of the Sailor Moon manga, for a new generation of fans! Featuring the updated translation and high page count of the Sailor Moon Eternal Edition in a more affordable, portable edition


https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/669965/sailor-moon-1-naoko-takeuchi-collection-by-naoko-takeuchi/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ingraman



Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 1063
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
"Sailor Moon Naoko Takeuchi Collection - April 2021"

Another edition? Is it a box set of the Eternal Editions?



Quote:
A new edition of the Sailor Moon manga, for a new generation of fans! Featuring the updated translation and high page count of the Sailor Moon Eternal Edition in a more affordable, portable edition


https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/669965/sailor-moon-1-naoko-takeuchi-collection-by-naoko-takeuchi/


Ah, chibi Eternal editions...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 3388
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
"Sailor Moon Naoko Takeuchi Collection - April 2021"

Another edition? Is it a box set of the Eternal Editions?



Quote:
A new edition of the Sailor Moon manga, for a new generation of fans! Featuring the updated translation and high page count of the Sailor Moon Eternal Edition in a more affordable, portable edition


https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/669965/sailor-moon-1-naoko-takeuchi-collection-by-naoko-takeuchi/


So it’s basically the bunkoban edition Japan released
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Larinelle



Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 12
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I was excited when I saw Ema Toyama as I'm still hoping there will be a print version of "Vampire Dormitory".
I'm not happy giving this author a pass but the actual new license sounds way off from anything I would want to read...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
zawa113



Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7307
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, very much looking forward to boys run the riot!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Anoud



Joined: 02 Nov 2017
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:33 am Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
I Guess I Became the Mother of the Great Demon King's 10 Children in Another World
- A big No for me. Unless the kids have already been born. Otherwise this is just a breeding manga.


It's a comedy with a bit of romance and a speck of drama. The kids haven't already been born at the start, but the story is absolutely nowhere near that dark. In fact, it is incredibly wholesome. I wouldn't be surprised if Ema Toyama was inspired by her unborn child (who was born around the serialization of the first volume) when coming up with this story.

I second this.
This manga actually focuses on the kids more than the mother herself. You often only see her appearing once or twice or in a lot of chapters.It's a very lovable and wholesome manga.
And the kids won't be coming from the traditional means but from a funny magical tools and such and they grow up fast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seagloom



Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 206
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:45 am Reply with quote
Anoud wrote:
You often only see her appearing once or twice or in a lot of chapters.


That has only been true recently, I think. Most of the existing chapters are written from her perspective.

On an unrelated note, you may want to add spoiler tags to your last sentence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group