• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast for Otherside Picnic Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:54 am Reply with quote
Great news! Now if they would happen to announce an english dub for Mieruko-chan then I would be super happy!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:45 am Reply with quote
Curious as all the episodes are dubbed right now, so they had to have been working on this for a while. Why they didn't announce this months ago is baffling especially as it has been about 8 months since the show finished.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:51 am Reply with quote
probably because they didn't know when this and every other show they have had a full season drop for recently would be done.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:55 am Reply with quote
While I didn't really like the anime and wish I read the manga or LNs instead, I'm glad this isn't being left sub only
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:59 am Reply with quote
Well, they could still have announced that they were going to have a dub. I thought they had, but didn't see anything in the encyclopedia. Anyway, Sorawo sounds a lot like Rudeus in Mushoku Tensei here...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a solid cast!
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:37 pm Reply with quote
This is a pretty average looking cast I'll probably skip watching the dub already got way to many shows I'm currently watching maybe down the road.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Well, they could still have announced that they were going to have a dub. I thought they had, but didn't see anything in the encyclopedia. Anyway, Sorawo sounds a lot like Rudeus in Mushoku Tensei here...

+95% of all funimation licenses get a dub its just a matter of when not if.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:41 am Reply with quote
Otherside Picnic has been one of my favorite under-rated shows of the year and it's too bad it didn't get much more attention when it came out. I'm really glad it's getting a dub.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:57 am Reply with quote
YesNoMaybe wrote:
Great news! Now if they would happen to announce an english dub for Mieruko-chan then I would be super happy!

I bet they will since Funimation is atm making a spanish dub of Mieruko. For that reason, I expect that later on they will announce a spanish dub of Otherside Picnic.

In case you wonder how Miko sounds in spanish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juGQUIAOsc
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:37 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Curious as all the episodes are dubbed right now, so they had to have been working on this for a while. Why they didn't announce this months ago is baffling especially as it has been about 8 months since the show finished.

It's pretty much how they've handled some shows. No announcement of a dub in progress, and then it shows up with 12 dubbed episodes at one time.

In terms of the recording situation these days, I can understand where it's easier to handle some things more like the traditional dubbing process. In terms of awareness/marketing, I'm not sure how well it works. Viewers have a tendency to move on to the next thing quickly, and something like this gets put under the "simuldub" tab on the app, but then kind of gets buried because it isn't showing up every 1 to 2 weeks. Personally, unless it's a particular series I was waiting for, I have a tendency to forget it's there if I don't start watching it right away.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1