• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hanasakeru Seishōnen BD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musouka

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also worth mentioning is the fact that Carl is likely bisexual or at least biromantic, which is particularly striking given when the source material was written.

Nah, that was relatively common in 80's shoujo manga of its era. (I'm actually racking my brains trying to remember the name of a shoujo series that was like a goofy 80's American sitcom in every way, except the lead's primary love interest was bisexual and had been dating her brother before he fell for her.)
Chris Handsome

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:16 pm Reply with quote
"Looks dated", came out 10 years ago, looks better than most of the stuff I've seen since then. Like the character design is actually good. They look human and not like blobs.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I was originally going to just skip over this, but then I saw that this is based on an Itsuki Natsumi manga, and I love her, even if the anime adaptations of her works tend to be... a bit lacking. I might actually pick this up, in this case.
chex mix

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:14 am Reply with quote
This show is insane in the most delightfully shoujo of ways, I highly recommend it.
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 am Reply with quote
I absolutely love this show and have watched it many times. I don't think it looks dated and it's an intriguing story. The animation looks good, I can think of many other animes where the characters look a bit weird either with facial features or body shape. I was so happy when they did an official release of this and bought it straight away, I was hoping for an English dub but even without it it's still a really enjoyable show to watch.
LauraOrganaSolo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Based on the thumbnail, I honestly though this was some Yuu Watase series I wasn't familiar with. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1