• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Unveils New Cast, New Song Artists, July 6 Re

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dextres

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 am Reply with quote
THANK YOU!!!

I'm getting tired of Slime diaries and other related slime series but not the main canoncity I know.

Lets get it.
Chan-Sama

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:27 am Reply with quote
Pv for Slime S2 P2

https://youtu.be/87sBfDxVBv4
me_barron

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm getting tired of Slime diaries

Same. Couldn't even finish the second episode cause it was just so inane. At least that other harem slime show is okay. How is that ditzy elf gonna get out of being executed lol
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for it, I loved the first season!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Stretch2424

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:38 am Reply with quote
Won't this be season three rather than two? By my count, the series has already played in the Fall 2018 and Winter 2021 seasons.
Yorekani

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:28 am Reply with quote
Stretch2424 wrote:
Won't this be season three rather than two? By my count, the series has already played in the Fall 2018 and Winter 2021 seasons.

They are labeled "Season 2" and "Season 2 Part 2", as far as I know. The titles may be different in Japanese. The current english title of "Season 2 Part 2" may be a placeholder for now.

"Season 1" actually ran for two (broadcasting) seasons since it contains 24 episodes. The first part of "Season 2" ran for 12 episodes, which does match the length of a single season.
Slime Diaries runs as an interlude, taking up the current season. "Season 2 Part 2" will follow, presumably with 12 episodes to fill one season.
While I wouldn't recommend it, one can watch Season 2 without watching Season 1 and the basics are explained to them at the start of the season. Naming the upcoming season "Season 2 Part 2" clearly conveys that this it's not meant to be watched without watching season 2 first. At the very least, season 1 wrapped up its story arcs before season 2. It looks like story arcs from season 2 will be continued in "Season 2 Part 2".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1