• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Progressive Anime Film Reveals New Poster, October 30 Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:00 am Reply with quote
Might not be intentional, but the LN released in October 2012. This movie releases in October for its 9th anniversary.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:09 am Reply with quote
I’m having a hard time getting through Alicization but I’m genuinely looking forward to this movie.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:58 am Reply with quote
Give me Kizmel, or throw the whole movie away.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:39 am Reply with quote
Hope this does want Ordinal Scale did and air in select theaters in the US.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:21 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I think we'll probably get to her at some point. I guess it depends on how they want to adapt the rest of Progressive.
cyberdraco wrote:
Hope this does want Ordinal Scale did and air in select theaters in the US.

I do wonder if they're planning a global release.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:41 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this will be good.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I am very excited for this; the first Progressive novel was quite enjoyable to read.
Xavon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:55 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I think we'll probably get to her at some point. I guess it depends on how they want to adapt the rest of Progressive.

Well they aren't adapting Progressive here. Unless one uses a very, very loose definition of 'adapt'. Or they have been holding out and Argo (who hasn't even appeared so far) has a very prominent role.

Because I can understand and accept that Kizmel might not appear since she doesn't show up until the third floor. Cutting Argo, who plays a big role on floors one and two and is already overlooked by the adaptations, is not acceptable (at least to me).
Touma55

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Well they aren't adapting Progressive here. Unless one uses a very, very loose definition of 'adapt'. Or they have been holding out and Argo (who hasn't even appeared so far) has a very prominent role.

Because I can understand and accept that Kizmel might not appear since she doesn't show up until the third floor. Cutting Argo, who plays a big role on floors one and two and is already overlooked by the adaptations, is not acceptable (at least to me).

They are adapting Progressive, but they are only adapting the "Aria of a Starless Night" story from the first volume with this movie. They do seem to have added a new character to the story though which I have mixed feelings about... But the anime adaption of SAO has always been lacking when it comes to things other than the visuals, music, and voice acting so it's nothing new.
AniUser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:08 am Reply with quote
They won't be cutting Argo, she's too important.
Also (Unital Ring spoilers) spoiler[ she shows up after Alicization, so we need to know her backstory: aka Progressive ]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering how they're going to handle Argo, although we haven't seen Agil, Kiabou, or Diavel from the promotional material either (at least from what I remember) so she might still be in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1