• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The ANN Aftershow - What're You Watching Right Now?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Netero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:39 am Reply with quote
Re Platinum End, if you're going to have a vaguely human sort of creature with wings, having them around the butt actually makes a lot of sense because then they're next to one of the strongest muscles in the body Smile
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Netero wrote:
Re Platinum End, if you're going to have a vaguely human sort of creature with wings, having them around the butt actually makes a lot of sense because then they're next to one of the strongest muscles in the body Smile

The center of mass of a normal humanoid is approximately 1/3 the way up the torso, so having wings that low would mean flying feet first instead of head first (unless the trump card of anime physics is played).
Netero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:

The center of mass of a normal humanoid is approximately 1/3 the way up the torso, so having wings that low would mean flying feet first instead of head first (unless the trump card of anime physics is played).

I don't need to invoke anime physics, Newton's Laws of Motion are quite sufficient. For example, ever seen a space rocket? The CoG is getting on for halfway up and the rocket engines are at the bottom, yet it still flies up, not down.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1