• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spy Classroom TV Anime Reveals Teaser Video, Teaser Visual, 2023 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:23 am Reply with quote
I like how they kept spoiler[the existence of the 8th girl hidden] just like the LN's illustration. I'm still curious how the anime will pull it off though because it doesn't feel like it will work in a visual format.
RockSplash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:53 am Reply with quote
I tried spy classroom on a whim. Actually ended up really enjoying it on a flight. Surprised that it for once, was not a harem romance, but reminded me a lot more of assassination classroom.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:03 am Reply with quote
It looks promising! Indeed a great 2023 anime year!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:23 am Reply with quote
I hope Sentai licenses it. I know that many people rather see it go to Crunchyroll because it pretty much guarentees an English dub. But because competition is more important to me I need Sentai to acquire more new, exciting shows.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:11 am Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
I hope Sentai licenses it. I know that many people rather see it go to Crunchyroll because it pretty much guarentees an English dub. But because competition is more important to me I need Sentai to acquire more new, exciting shows.

That would be cool. Most of the shows I'm watching this season are on HiDive and plus Sentai is only 20 minutes from me and I'm friends with alot of the VA's over there. Even found out last year from Brittney Karbowski herself that we happened to be born at the same hospital. She's my favorite VA. Small world.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:19 am Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:

If Sentai licenses this anime, is it guaranteed to get an English dub? the answer I'm not sure. Now they only simuldub one or two anime, while most of the other anime they license like their spring & summer lineup will probably be released in BD subbed only.

If Sentai wants competition, they also need to expand and improve their dubbing game, hire more directors & staff, voice actors, allow remote recording, or maybe use outsourced studios like Sound Cadence Studios, Kocha Studios, and Studio Nano.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Really loved the first 3 LN's and Grete was my favorite and the fact Ito Miku getting the role as her is unreal to me.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
If Sentai wants competition, they also need to expand and improve their dubbing game, hire more directors & staff, voice actors, allow remote recording, or maybe use outsourced studios like Sound Cadence Studios, Kocha Studios, and Studio Nano.

Fair point. I assume Sentai will expand their dubbing capacity if they continue to get 12+ licenses each season going forward.
TiagoCosta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

If Sentai licenses this anime, is it guaranteed to get an English dub? the answer I'm not sure. Now they only simuldub one or two anime, while most of the other anime they license like their spring & summer lineup will probably be released in BD subbed only.

Sentai will end up dubbing 4/5 of their summer anime by the end, only Onipan! willl likely stay undubbed as it didn't get the views. They also give these anime long term life by releasing them on home media

Meanwhile CR+Funi is already dubbing less, a very small % of their summer output got announced to get dubs and many already didn't last season. Also noticed how a lot of their anime is skipping home media releases on the CR side of things, even funimation stuff from prior season that would get them before the merger, CR slates of blu rays are super thin and are even skipping making LEs of S2 when S1 had them (like Zombieland saga s2 and quints s2).
Gawwpuqx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:01 pm Reply with quote
TiagoCosta wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

Sentai will end up dubbing 4/5 of their summer anime by the end, only Onipan! willl likely stay undubbed as it didn't get the views. They also give these anime long term life by releasing them on home media

Meanwhile CR+Funi is already dubbing less, a very small % of their summer output got announced to get dubs and many already didn't last season. Also noticed how a lot of their anime is skipping home media releases on the CR side of things, even funimation stuff from prior season that would get them before the merger, CR slates of blu rays are super thin and are even skipping making LEs of S2 when S1 had them (like Zombieland saga s2 and quints s2).

Lol dubbing less is still 5 times their output
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:28 pm Reply with quote
That's an s-tier cast of female seiyuu.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I know nothing about the show, but I see a bunch of good looking girls so I guess i'll watch it
TiagoCosta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Gawwpuqx wrote:

Lol dubbing less is still 5 times their output

Considering CR also gets the vast majority, it also means there's a way higher likelihood of something CR gets doesn't get dubbed.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:21 am Reply with quote
Dat cast! I was already planning to watch it, but... With all due respect... Thea has given me more reason to watch it after Lily originally grabbed my attention during the announcement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1