• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Streams My Hero Academia Anime's 6th Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Is this really something that needed to be "revealed"? Wasn't this plain obvious?
Farafra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:21 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Is this really something that needed to be "revealed"? Wasn't this plain obvious?

With how things have been going lately, there was probably a not 0% chance it would end up on HiDive.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Not a surprise that they'll be streaming it, but I do wonder if we'll see the dub for S6 on Toonami. I have many concerns that we won't, given Sony's reluctance to let the block air anything from CR or Funi, plus the ongoing issues with the Warner Bros Discovery merger. I want to hope so, but I also have a lot of doubts.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:08 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

Probably not something that needed to be said, but nonetheless there would have been a lot of worried and confused viewers leading up to its airdate if they didn't announce it. Laughing
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:38 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Not a surprise that they'll be streaming it, but I do wonder if we'll see the dub for S6 on Toonami. I have many concerns that we won't, given Sony's reluctance to let the block air anything from CR or Funi, plus the ongoing issues with the Warner Bros Discovery merger. I want to hope so, but I also have a lot of doubts.

It likely depends on the contract. Like Toonami secured Attack On Titan so we got the Final Season Parts 1 & 2 and should be able to get Part 3 as well whenever that comes out. But something like Demon Slayer Toonami only secured Season 1 so therefore didn’t get anything else for it to be on Toonami. Toonami was also denied to getting Mob Psycho 100 II and probably III as well. Though maybe enough time has passed for II to be able to airing it.

Either way I know Toonami wants My Hero Academia Season 6 pretty badly since the block needs it.
ECW28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:28 am Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

It likely depends on the contract. Like Toonami secured Attack On Titan so we got the Final Season Parts 1 & 2 and should be able to get Part 3 as well whenever that comes out. But something like Demon Slayer Toonami only secured Season 1 so therefore didn’t get anything else for it to be on Toonami. Toonami was also denied to getting Mob Psycho 100 II and probably III as well. Though maybe enough time has passed for II to be able to airing it.

Either way I know Toonami wants My Hero Academia Season 6 pretty badly since the block needs it.

The ironic thing about this is that Toonami had trouble securing Mob II while they were a sister company to CR, due to the rights issues with it. Now those rights issues are gone but its even less likely now than before. Also why we haven’t got the last part of Food Wars!, Demon Slayer, Megalobox, and probably won’t get MHA unless a miracle happens.

At some point we gotta stand up and tell streaming services: Stop dividing the catalogs. Its worse than cable honestly because instead of one bill for a variety of stuff you get 10 bills because all the stuff you watch us on 10 different platforms. And at some point they are going to lock you in for a certain period of time, restrict password sharing, so on and so forth.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:14 am Reply with quote
ECW28 wrote:
MoonPhase1 wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

The ironic thing about this is that Toonami had trouble securing Mob II while they were a sister company to CR, due to the rights issues with it. Now those rights issues are gone but its even less likely now than before. Also why we haven’t got the last part of Food Wars!, Demon Slayer, Megalobox, and probably won’t get MHA unless a miracle happens.

At some point we gotta stand up and tell streaming services: Stop dividing the catalogs. Its worse than cable honestly because instead of one bill for a variety of stuff you get 10 bills because all the stuff you watch us on 10 different platforms. And at some point they are going to lock you in for a certain period of time, restrict password sharing, so on and so forth.

Teasing Master Tagaki-san is the best example I could think of, lol.

Season 1 - Funimation
Season 2 - Netflix
Season 3 + Movie - Sentai Filmworks
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:18 am Reply with quote
Not too surprising...
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 am Reply with quote
As others have said, no surprises there. I have to admit that I'm a little jealous of the fact that English speakers have a great English dub for the show. My Hero Academia's Neutral Spanish dub is still a huge mess, some fans were hopeful that now that CR is handling the distribution perhaps they would change the cast, but last week the Spanish dub for the OVA was released and it still kept the same cast. On one hand it's nice that they're trying to keep consistency, but the dub still has a ton of issues. It's truly interesting that MHA's Spanish dub is the only major project by Funi/CR that is recorded outside of Mexico. The funny thing is that it seems like CR is aware of it's quality so they barely show any clips of the dubbed version on their social media accounts, while other anime dubs get a lot of promotion, like how last week CR shared clips of the Spanish dubs for Rent-a-Girlfriend, Dropkick on my Devil and The Quintessential Quintuplets.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:22 pm Reply with quote
ECW28 wrote:
MoonPhase1 wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

When you really think about it, it’s ironic that if you combine all of the streaming services it could end up being close to the price of cable but with less content if not more.

Food Wars and Megalobox became part of Crunchyroll. We got Season 1 of Megalobox because Viz Media had it. But then Crunchyroll took Season 2.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Doubt Bones will do this arc the justice it deserves. I know they have it in them, but they already dropped the ball on previous arcs that deserved peak effort.
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Doubt Bones will do this arc the justice it deserves. I know they have it in them, but they already dropped the ball on previous arcs that deserved peak effort.

it was due to the movie . but this one will probably have same problems anyways
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:32 am Reply with quote
The thing that amazes me is how this totally lame series could go on for 6 seasons..........?!?!
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:42 am Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
The thing that amazes me is how this series could go on for 6 seasons..........?!?!
because it gained popularity
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1