• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World [and Became Unrivaled in the Real World, Too] (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I love Gina's use of skeptical air quotes around "to study." My goodness, surely you are not suggesting that our sweet little innocent Kaori had anything other than academic pursuits on her mind when she showed up at Mr. Studmuffin's swingin' bachelor pad???

Dammit, let me gloss over it in peace! Wink

Okay, fine. See...the scenes were part of a series, and we don't know how much time was really passing between them...,it could have been the next afternoon....so Kaori really was...checking to see if he wanted to study....

Or, no, wait, Kaori saw Yuuya running in the hall all freaked out, and she was worried is all. The studying was just an excuse because she wanted to see if he was all right...

And, see, there was this mysterious force....
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Edjwald, just so we're clear, I completely agree with your "the other world is calling her" theory. It's Cynical Gina who is throwing shade on darling Kaori's rigorous study regimen. Clearly, the other world craves Kaori much the way her sweaty ovaries crave Yuuya...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:30 am Reply with quote
The show is weirdly enjoyable. All the same I was kind of super bored when it would act as a mostly standard of him being a super powerful warrior in the other world, outside of the cases it was him getting a new cheat skill. I can watch a bunch of better shows to actually do the more normal in another world being overpowered. I think most of the more fun bits were related to maybe him being there part time, and so could spend time in the normal world, with the other world being like a day trip. Also worth mentioning that it did appear to really struggle at times in the animation department.

My rating will be Decent (6/10), I didn't lose my time with it, but no mistake that it is actually good.
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:26 am Reply with quote
Just finished this last night. Have to say I thought the last 3 episodes felt rushed s d mechanical. I also kinda liked the storyline and “possibilities” but felt like it didn’t spend enough time on any one area to develop it. Everything got a 5 minute check box then on to the next thing. The big reveal was so rushed and anticlimactic that it boggles my mind. All the things (girls, friends, sports, politics) all just forgotten. Could Kaori have been more wasted and ridiculously blah about the entire thing?

Progression of MC. None discernible. Oh let’s join the adventurers Guild okay checked off.

Big bad villain don’t explain it just rush through the fight and wrap up the season.

I was enjoying the dual world aspects with the fantasy world being the energizer for the real world. But that got abandoned and it started to feel like smartphone 2 at the end (with better animation)

Guess I’ll give it a 6 but that’s mostly based on some fond memories of episodes 2-9.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:47 am Reply with quote
Come to think of it, besides the action in the dark forest near Yuuya's new house and a bit of the capital, we really didn't see much of the other world. We also know next to nothing about it lore wise. In comparison we saw way more time spent on fashion agency issues, camping, school bullshit, sport day and being praised by the plebeians.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8