• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Anime Rankings - Best of Winter 2023, Feb 19-25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Again, Soaring Sky! Pretty Cure deserves to be on here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
q_3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Soaring Sky has had a very strong start. It's a shame if not enough people are watching it.
Aerdra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:35 am Reply with quote
I wonder how many people need to rate a show before it qualifies for the rankings?

And some shows have broadcast dates that don't quite fit into seasons.
Dark Mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Having Eminence in Shadow on top even though it's done feels pretty silly, especially since it'll probably stay there the next few weeks.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Still surprised to see Urusei Yatsura continually at the bottom. This show gets numerous belly laughs out of me. Is it too much old school humor? I never watched the original and I don't know if it's rehashing original episodes updating certain things for these times. I'm in the minority, but I find it one of the funniest shows in a while, maybe not on the level of Kaguya or even Konosuba, but it still makes me laugh hard.
SaneSavantElla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:19 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Still surprised to see Urusei Yatsura continually at the bottom. This show gets numerous belly laughs out of me. Is it too much old school humor? I never watched the original and I don't know if it's rehashing original episodes updating certain things for these times. I'm in the minority, but I find it one of the funniest shows in a while, maybe not on the level of Kaguya or even Konosuba, but it still makes me laugh hard.

It's definitely not just you. Never watched anything from this franchise and my only recollection of it is that I read once from a magazine article that it is one of the most influential works in anime. The first anime comedies I watched in the 90s has this kind of humor, so I don't only get some laughs here and there, there's also nostalgia. And it certainly helps that the production value is consistently terrific on a weekly basis. I understand though that many values underlying the series are outdated, but it's never something that takes itself seriously, so I can look past the awful character stereotypes and just go with the flow.
DeloresSanchez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:24 am Reply with quote
I am surprised too. I am seeking for an essay writer who can write my essay for me and while I am looking for it I discovered this website https://www.grabmyessay.com/case-study-writing-service this website compose my essay for me and complete my essay assignmnet before time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1