• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
alice gear aegis Expansion (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:04 pm Reply with quote

alice gear aegis Expansion (TV)

Source: Video Game (developed by Pyramid, published by Colopl)

Demographic: Everyone

Animation Studio: Nomad

Genres: action, science fiction

Themes: mecha

Plot Summary: Centuries ago, mankind abandoned planet Earth after the Vice, a race of mechanical aliens, drove them from their home into a life adrift in space. Now resigned to starships forged of pieces of Earth's shattered moon, the final hope for humanity lies in the hands of Actresses, young women born with the ability to wield the only weapons that can harm the Vice: Alice Gears, mechanical suits that can finally turn the tide against the alien incursion.

Air Date & Platform:
April 3, 2023 (Mondays)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending

Last edited by Tony K. on Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:22 pm Reply with quote
First out the gate... Or rather, tripped over the gate before the pistol went off and smacked their face in the dirt. If I had read a description on the preview guide, I wouldn't have bothered. Not that it's horrible, but not for me. Mobile Game adaptation, weak slapstick, random idol song- obviously a continuing gimmick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 0

Yeah, I don't think this is for me either. Looking into the future, the absolute best rating I could imagine giving this would be it just limping over line to hit Decent. Far more likely would be a So-so or Weak. I'm trying to wean myself off of mediocre offerings and this seems like a good place to test my resolve.

Last edited by Blood- on Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:21 am Reply with quote
It's named as "Episode 0" so whatever the real series will be, it's not this. I'm not going to judge the first episode until I see it next week... which I will watch because I genuinely liked this. Too bad comedy isn't one of the listed genres because I liked the "silliness is serious business" outcome.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Fair enough. I will also give the real show a shot. I can't claim I'm going in with an open mind because I suspect I'll feel basically the same, but there's no question that sometimes Episode 0's are really misleading.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Turns out I didn't make it all the way through the real first episode. It's by no means terrible but I'm just not feeling it. I've certainly watched far worse but I can tell I'm not as easy-going as I was in the winter. Agent Blood- over and out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1