• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Mushishi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
OOh, good news. I saw only one episode of Mushishi and it was very good. I'd like to see more, and buy the manga. I love these vignette-type anime/manga.
Clodus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I was sort of expecting Mushishi when I got up this afternoon to check the site--although I was hoping for something "all-new," I'll count my blessings that Shuffle! got licensed.

im also looking forward to it. fortunately they did! yay!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote
No xxxholic Crying or Very sad I'm sad. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Ah well, I got the release date for Tsubasa. I can live with that.

Shuffle & Mushishi seem interesting. I'll have to see what others say on here in the future about those. Plus see how my checkbook is doing at the time... Rolling Eyes
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! The best title announcement of the week! Here's hoping for the R2 covers and no tag lines on the front of the cover (like on Moon Phase).

Thanks FUni! Very Happy
GreenDragoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm just thrilled beyond words that it's finally been licenced!

I'm extremely picky about what sort of series I spend my time watching - in a given year, there are typically only two or three that hold much interest for me, and out of those I might end up watching and buying only one. Last year, it was Mushishi and Ergo Proxy, and of those two the former was unquestionably my favourite.

More than that, it quickly became my favourite anime series ever, period. I've long been a lover of folklore, fairy tales, traditional Japanese culture and the natural world, all elements which are combined to extraordinary effect in this series. There's never been anything like it, to my knowledge.

I had dispaired of ever seeing Mushishi reach American shores, so this is incredibly exciting for me. We're just a few days away from seeing the first volume of the Mushishi manga hit store shelves in this country, it keeps sounding more and more likely that Katsuhiro Otomo's live action Mushishi film will get picked up for U.S. distribution, and now this! Wow.

I'm one happy camper. Very Happy

-Alex
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely everything I have heard about Mushishi has made me want to see it more and more, so I'm very glad it will be coming our way. It has moved straight to the top of my list of anime titles to buy.
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quote
Doh, the only title I was really forward to was Atashinchi and looks like it remains unlicensed. Dammit, Atashinchi is worth 10 Ragnaroks . . then again, it's also 10 times longer, so maybe Funi wasn't ready to tackle something that huge.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:01 am Reply with quote
Cheesemon wrote:
Doh, the only title I was really forward to was Atashinchi and looks like it remains unlicensed. Dammit, Atashinchi is worth 10 Ragnaroks . . then again, it's also 10 times longer, so maybe Funi wasn't ready to tackle something that huge.

if Funi can do Yu Yu Hakusho then they can do longer titles.

But, and I'm not 100% positve, they probably make more money with 2 or 3 shorter titles than 1 longer one.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:31 am Reply with quote
Fan-freakin'-tastic! I'm totally buying all the Mushishi DVDs. Absolutely great show!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Amasa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quote
Damnit, I found out the hard way when I was just about to watch Episode 5 on YouTube.com and this popped up:
Quote:
This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner FUNimation Productions because its content was used without permission.

Interesting that episodes 1-4 are still available to watch on Youtube but nothing after that.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited to see Mushishi being licensed. It's one of those shows that gives me such a calm joy to watch.

Bonus joy for "Itsudatte! My Santa." To be honest I never thought this was going to be licensed. Guess the rise in popularity of both Akamatsu and Aya Hirano might've pushed this to be released here.

Now FUNimation, make me proud: license "Honey & Clover" next. This is the one show that I think everyone can easily relate to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2