• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arrietty U.K. box-office

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 am Reply with quote
Such a shame.
If it was properly advertised and aimed at the Pixar/Disney audience rather than aiming at Ghibli fans, then I think it would have done much better.
Better off just getting it out on DVD/BD asap.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote
It is a shame yeah. The screening I went to yesterday was packet, it seemed to be a mixture of anime fans and family. It was nice to see what could be the next generation of anime fans there. There was a little girl who as all "Noooo!" when Haru captures Homily.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:42 am Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
It is a shame yeah. The screening I went to yesterday was packet, it seemed to be a mixture of anime fans and family. It was nice to see what could be the next generation of anime fans there. There was a little girl who as all "Noooo!" when Haru captures Homily.

Was that at the tyneside cinema?

Also i hate it when people talk/make noise during a movie.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:58 am Reply with quote
Yes it was; and I didn't mind so much because she was about 2 or so. And wasn't too noisy. The only point when I found it annoying was toward the end during the scene where spoiler[Arrietty give's Sho her hairclip for luck before she leaves] she started giggling and saying "Clothes peg!" which did detract from the poignancy of the scene a little.
Richy59

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
It is a Shame. This was the first Ghibli film I have ever had the chance to see in the cinema and I saw it in the Odeon in London on the opening night. There must have been 20 people in there tops. It was subbed so maybe that was why it wasn't busy, but for me and probably the other 20 people there it was totally worth it. It was a great movie, as they all are, and they should be seen by more than just the anime fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1