• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle Side-Scrolling Game Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:41 am Reply with quote
Cool looking handheld game.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:40 am Reply with quote
I think my Power Rangers game on my Game Gear looks better.
JDude042

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:

I'm not a fan of the graphical style either. Looks really cheap and low budget. I feel like the Super Nintendo game looked better and more interesting than this, and that's kind of pathetic I hate to say. Whoever did devolpment on this game could have did a much better job on the presentation. The American looking comic book style art just looks ugly and crude. Keep the gameplay on a more simple 2D plane, and make the character sprites larger. It looks like a low budget download free to play you'd get off the Apple or Android store.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:

Which is weird since in spite of the flash looking nature of the game it looks infinitely better than what the Game Gear could pump out......plus you don't have to worry about your 6 batteries dying out on you with a whimper Razz
CCTakato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
What annoys me most are all the headlines saying "This is the Power Rangers game you didn't know you wanted!" and I'm like, yeah, I still don't want it because it looks ugly.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
Looks like one of those cheap Flash browser games you find on websites.

I'm also always confused why all these Power Rangers nostalgia cash ins look nothing like the actual show. That's not how Bandora/Rita or her henchmen look like. The American comic also changes the costumes/designs, and of course the reboot movie. So far none of these have actually looked like the source material.

-Stuart Smith
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:27 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
\ So far none of these have actually looked like the source material.

-Stuart Smith

That's okay given how the source material changed so much from its source material
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Which is weird since in spite of the flash looking nature of the game it looks infinitely better than what the Game Gear could pump out
Yes, modern systems have over seven times the resolution. Yes, the color depth is over a million times higher. But we're not talking tech specs. We're talking art styles: the Game Gear games looked great and this one looks like trash I'd barely accept from an amaetur Flash game. For comparison, here's not trash.
Quote:
......plus you don't have to worry about your 6 batteries dying out on you with a whimper Razz
Modern handhelds don't actually do much better; they just use rechargable batteries.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1