• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PEOPLE! It's official Chobits is on ANIME CHANNEL

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazumei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:32 pm Reply with quote
YEP! It is true. I not to happy cause i don't get Anime Channel but al least it is on tv.

http://www.advfilms.com/news/index.asp?c=&i=1105 go here to read about it
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Well that finally solves that mistery.

BTW, it's the Anime Network, not channel.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Such a shame... a majority of the people who would liek to see it wont be able to. Then again, its only Chobits
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:37 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess only the 2.2 million people get to see it. Confused I guess nobody passed the word to ADV website folks that Pioneer Animation is now Geneon Animation now. Razz Atleast GTO is coming to Showtime. Gives me a reason to buy the channel for 2 months.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:55 am Reply with quote
time warner has anime network, nooooooooooooooooo! time warner in my area was bought out by Brighthouse... shucks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:34 am Reply with quote
That'll be interesting. I noticed that they are restarting a couple of the older series on the network now....so it'll be cool to see some new shows from other companies in there too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:43 am Reply with quote
:cry: When will the anime network become a nationwide channel? I hate living in the sticks. I don't care if I've seen most every anime they have. I want a 24 hour anime channel.
ricbrist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:44 pm Reply with quote
the only anime on tv i see is freaking edited cartoon network crap. I want the anime network in my area. Some one should make a petition or something to get it nationwide.
Delthayre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:56 pm Reply with quote
ricbrist wrote:
the only anime on tv i see is freaking edited cartoon network crap.

Why do peolpe always complain about editing, which is increasingly moderate, that allows anime to be shown on TV?

ricbrist wrote:
I want the anime network in my area. Some one should make a petition or something to get it nationwide

Firstly, unless someone were able to get physical signatures from across the country or inspire an effecitve letter-writing campaign, they would be reduced to an onlin petition, and they don't work. Further, I imagine ADV does want to take it national, but it's beyond their resources. Anime is a niche market and they can't take risks. For now, you'd best just go the Anime Network's site and use the "Don't Have it - Demand It" feature.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Delthayre wrote:
ricbrist wrote:
the only anime on tv i see is freaking edited cartoon network crap.

Why do peolpe always complain about editing, which is increasingly moderate, that allows anime to be shown on TV?

I don't know why people complain about getting anime at a cheap price? Maybe the people that don't pay for their cable. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazumei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I think it was a bad idea to put CHobits on ANime Channel because more people get Cartoon Netwrok(Adult Swim than Anime Channel
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:29 am Reply with quote
When I attended ADV's panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta, they said that they were trying to make the Anime Network nationwide from the start, but the video-on-demand technology they were implementing with it still has a few kinks that are getting ironed out as they go. The new technology they're working with is what's slowing them up, simply put.

Delthayre wrote:

I don't complain about editing until it impedes on the integrity of the story. Trigun on Adult Swim cut out a lot of gun-to-head sequences and Inu-Yasha had some of the nudity in the first batch of episodes sorta...half-covered. TechTV also shortens pan shots and cuts corners on some scenes to increase advertising time, but none of these instances really mucked up the story.

However, the edits made to Rurouni Kenshin, Blue Gender, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Card Captor Sakura, Tenkuu no Escaflowne, et al DID interfere with various facets of character development, plot continuity, etc. In these situations, where the editing compromises and damages the integrity of the story, it becomes unacceptable, and I feel I have a right to complain when it goes that far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:47 am Reply with quote
but how will we go on without seeing over the top sappiness, and gratuitous fan service? it's just inhumane Very Happy
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:16 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
...but the video-on-demand technology they were implementing with it still has a few kinks that are getting ironed out as they go. The new technology they're working with is what's slowing them up, simply put.

VOD (video on demand) has been a work in progress since I worked in the high-tech industry in the late '90s. A bunch of companies had great and grandiose designs to bring any movie to anyone at any time (Blockbuster was one of those companies), but two factors have been keeping them from this: Number one, the lack of storage space to hold any great volume of uncompressed video (we're talking WAY beyond terabytes), and number two, bandwidth. The issues are slowly starting to work themselves out, but it'll still take a while to get VOD mainstream.

Since anime is a niche market (relatively speaking) and VOD is a niche technology, they're perfect for each other. For now, that is. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1