• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Models

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rooboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I was just curious about how many people out there actually put together Gundam Models. I usually put together the 1/100 scale Master and High grades. Also, of all of you out there who do take part in putting together these models, where do you shop? I can provide a couple of links to where I shop online:

http://www.hlj.com/
http://www.tisinc99.com/
http://www.gundamshop.com/

I've ordered from HLJ from a while, but they don't use UPS anymore for shipping. It takes 2 weeks to get the stuff you ordered from HLJ to get here from Japan. The other 2 places are in the US, with slightly higher prices. I usually shop online because my local stores usually charge an arm and a leg for a model.

Also, if you have any recommendations on Gundam models, than please feel free to make them. I found that the later models are much better in terms of quality than the earlier ones. I can pretty much recommend all the Gundam Seed models.

Hope any of this information helps, and please feel free to leave any useful information yourself.
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I used to build Gundam models myself (was damn good at it too!), although I've pretty much quit due to time and space problems.
As far as places to shop, the ones that sponser ANN have good selections and prices, so chek them out too.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm a builder as well, and let me tell you one thing; even with the shipping delays HLJ is my one-stop shop for anime and import kits.

I've nearly finished a fully detailed 1/100th scale Tallgeese (coverting the III kit into the original) and afterwards I'm going to order a master grade Sazabi. Why you ask? Because it's a Sazabi.

Also, if you want to have a bit of fun track down Arii's 1/100th scale Macross kits. I built one of their Gerwalks just for the heck of it and it turned out pretty nice. Tiny sitting next to the Tallgeese, though.
Ryuko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I have built Gundam Models before, but only the crappy snap-fit ones, and I've never painted them.. I recently ordered an Escaflowne model of the Alseides, and I plan on painting it and doing really well... I'm going to try my best, anyway!! Wish me luck!!
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:05 am Reply with quote
In the old days I used to buy the 1/144 since Bandai didn't have a great selection of 1/100. Ever since the MG line began, I've been buying only 1/100. The Sazabi and Nu Gundam are both awesome kits that are fairly expensive but are amazing in detail. Each joint on the Sazabi's fingers is hinged, so Char can give Amuro the finger, peace sign, or whatever else you want. At half the Sazabi's price I highly recommend the 100 Shiki kit. It uses that nifty reflective plastic and really IMO Mamoru Nagano's best MS. My least favorite MG kit is the Zeta kit. Although the shiny version looks tempting, the kit has major problems standing on its own, and constantly falls apart.
I'm considering purchasing the Re-GZ, and am wondering if it is of the same high quality of the other CCA kits. Either that or the Kampher since Yutaka Izubuchi MS designs are really 3D in construction.
I've got a ton of old kits dating from the first Gundam to Sillouette Formula/Victory era, and they really suck compared to the MG series. The MG series is huge and it is nice to have an army in the same scale. BTW just because the MS came from an older series doesn't make it an old kit. The wonderful Sazabi kit was only released a few years ago, and a MG Zeong came out last year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1