• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kino's Journey

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
If you're following the books, then you're probably aware that the 2nd is long over due from it's original release date. Last I heard from Tokyopop, they're having problems with the licensing, pushing the estimated release date for vol 2 sometime next year. Anyone have any news on it?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
According to TRSI, it is coming out in the beginning of January.

There are various rumors and speculation as to why it is taking so long for the next one to come out, but there is no solid information as to why.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Awww, booo. Here I was hoping on getting to read it sooner, especially since the translator aparently has up to book 3 done. Oh well, hopefully I'll remember about it then. Thanks!
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quote
I really enjoy the Kino's Journey series. The 2nd was is taking an awfully long time to come out. Oh well, I'll reread the first book.

I found out recently that the KJ novels are edited in my town. O_o Strange. One of the girls at my school got to have one of the first copies because her father works at the publishing company.
This is off-topic, but another interesting anime-related thing that happened in my town, was that the english dub of Kare Kano was recorded here.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't think its really possible to edit it for one (or a few) specific town(s) while not editing it everywhere else. What was supposedly edited?
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I don't think its really possible to edit it for one (or a few) specific town(s) while not editing it everywhere else. What was supposedly edited?

I forget exactly, the company in my town did, maybe a "clean-up" or whatever you call it...or actually I think it was something with the cover. I'm not sure exactly, but I do know that it went through some editing process in my village. I'll ask the girl about it and get back to you. Excuse me for unspecific.
heywatchitbuddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quote
yeah last time I looked on the Tokyopop site the changed it from July '07 to Jan. '08. BTW I'm a huge Kino fan (of the anime and novels). Too bad it's taking so long Sad
CMB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
Shocked OH no still more waiting. Crying or Very sad
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote
I know, this is driving me crazy. And the date Tokyopop had on their own website was wrong. Hopefully after the next one, Tokyopop can get it together and start publishing them closer together.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Tokyopop's latest Bookseller catolog says #2 is to be released in Febuary now. *crosses fingers in hopes it won't be pushed back even further*
Bunchuu of Chouka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Blarrgh. I've been looking for it in bookstores for the past few months, only to find out that it hasn't even been released yet. Alas- I guess that gives me more time to re-read the first one. Confused
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the date for volume 2 has been January for a while now. I've had volume 2 preordered at my B&N since the first one came out. I'm dying for the next one. Anime cry It's sooooo good!!!
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
Where can I find this novel?
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
Where can I find this novel?

any book store that sells manga will carry it. Vol 1 has been release and Vol 2 will come out in Feb

I greatly enjoys these stories. I am really looking forward to the next volume. Especially since so much of what I read in the first volume I had already seen in the anime.
Shigi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote
Actually, the second volume is still tied up in licensing trouble, last I heard. I think it's been confirmed over on the Anime on DVD forums that the February release date is just a placeholder date.

This is pretty depressing since I also want the next volume!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4