• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Production I.G President Talks Ghost Hound Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
No responses?

Come on! This is the best show of the season here! Screw GONZO, screw KyoAni, Ghost Hound shows that I.G. is still the best. And that Shirow Masamune can still offer something to the world since Ghost in the Shell was created.

I like the idea of "animators expressing themselves" -- it gave us Noein and the awesomest fight scene in anime, and it's giving us Ghost Hound now. What magic can be done when talent is combined with budget! Anime hyper

P.S. Such contrast: GONZO's President (is he?) complains about fansubs and we get another massive thread. I.G.'s President talks about anime and me, good old never-created-a-thread-in-my-life me, is the only one who cares. Anime cry That's how the anime industry is finding its death I tell you.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
No responses?

I'm sorry I have to sleep sometimes! Mad Wink

Production I.G is my favorite studio, too. I'm loving every title they release, and Ghost Hound is a recent favorite. The interview here is really interesting. It's great to understand I.G's view on the anime and how this masterpiece was put together, with the help of Shirow Masamune.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I think it's really interesting how Ishikawa mentioned the relationship that their team has with Masamune Shirow, since they're responsible for the animation of the entire GitS universe, and how he wanted to do another series with them just so everyone could be creative with it.

It was also interesting to see him talk about how Ghost Hound is so different from Masamune Shirow's other work; I'll admit, all though the first episode I was saying to myself "Okay, the mecha should be here any minute now, along with the gunslinging chick". Even though I was disappointed in that regard, Ghost Hound is still shaping up to be a pretty neat series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 pm Reply with quote
This is a great show, and the only one I'm following, because I have school work to do. Production I.G has consistantly put out great looking TV and Movie animation for 20 years now, and the talent they've worked with is an amazing list: Mamoru Oshii, Ryotaro Nakamura, Kenji Kamiyama, Hideaki Anno...

I hope they continue to fight against the waves of uninteresting crap that floods the airwaves.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to Real Drive and Library War in 2008, Reideen aside I.G have been very impressive in the last few years. I also hope they animate the sequel novel to Seirei no Moribito.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1