• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass Preview

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I just noticed that there's video previews, very cool. But I checked the Code Geass #6704 one and it links to an entirely different anime. I didn't see a button there to report it, but I thought I'd post... I scrolled the first page really quick and didn't see a report, but sorry if it's already been reported.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quote
While it will probably get taken care of, this seems to me to be more appropriate for the the Bugs & Technical Questions forum.
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, sorry then. When I clicked on the Encyclopedia page to report an error and it said, "If there's no error report button, go here..."etc, I went here.

^^ I just wanted to help out.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote
MagicallyDelicious wrote:
Well, sorry then. When I clicked on the Encyclopedia page to report an error and it said, "If there's no error report button, go here..."etc, I went here.

Thanks for trying to help. However, to be more specific, error report buttons and posting on the Encyclopedia forum are for content errors ("mistakes") of the Encyclopedia, not for technical errors ("glitches").
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Well then you should fix where it says to report errors to, instead of lecturing on a newbie. Obviously if I found the error when browsing the Encyclopedia and it said to report errors here, I would.

=.=
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Well then you should fix where it says to report errors to, instead of lecturing on a newbie.

Unfortunately, fixing ANNtv and trailers are beyond my clearance. Furthermore, it seems to me that it was the content provider (i.e. Bandai Entertainment) who had confused Gundam Seed Destiny with Kallen Stadtfeld in the thumbnail picture. To many people all mecha look the same.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Well then you should fix where it says to report errors to, instead of lecturing on a newbie.

Unfortunately, fixing ANNtv and trailers are beyond my clearance. Furthermore, it seems to me that it was the content provider (i.e. Bandai Entertainment) who had confused Gundam Seed Destiny with Kallen Stadtfeld in the thumbnail picture. To many people all mecha look the same.

I think (s)he means that this spiel was confusing and needs to be altered:
The Spiel wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to make this encyclopedia more reliable. To report an error, click on the i icon next to the item that is false or incomplete, then click on the "error" link that is displayed. If the error you wish to report does not have a i icon or is about something general to this anime rather than a specific item, you can [b]report it in the Encyclopedia forum.[b] In that case, don't forget to specify which anime (#210) you are talking about.
And to be fair, the "View Trailer" link does appear on the encyclopedia page, so I can understand how a newbie could make that mistake. Although I'm sure Dan or Tempest are still the only ones who can change that.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quote
MagicallyDelicious, thanks for reporting the error. It was the correct thing to do to report it in this forum, just as the instructions said (thank you! someone who actually reads the instructions!) I'm not sure why the other guys thought this was a technical error. Then again even if you reported it in that other forum I wouldn't mind... as long as you report it, I'm happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1