• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suncoast

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setzer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:34 am Reply with quote
make sure if you buy Shonen Jump manga (Rurouni Kenshin, Shaman King, One Piece, etc.) that they charge you the correct price for it. I bought a Ruroni Kenshin and it was supposed to be $8 but they charged me $10. I didn't realize it until after i left the mall. Rolling Eyes
Innotech

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:21 am Reply with quote
I could swear theyve screwed me too at times but Im usually so excited just to have the new anime that I rush home and watch it without really caring how much it cost. I also use the rpelay certificates so I dont ever really know how much Im paying anyway.
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:13 am Reply with quote
When I went into Suncoast a few months ago they over charged me for Inu Yasha Volume 1. It was suppose to be $21.99 because of a sale but they charged me $24.99. Luckily, I had a three-dollar off coupon so I let it slide.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shorty22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I've never had a problem with Suncoast. I already have a mental number of what the price will be, I watch them ring it up, and then I check the receipt as I'm leaving the store.

However, I have seen the sales signs up past it's date. Usually there's a date printed in little print on the bottom saying when it expires though. Still... it can't be that hard to go and pull the signs down when it's over. Confused
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I've never had a problem before at suncoast. They like me too much. I'm a local for them. I go usually every weekend. Im treated very well there. I've become friends with many of the workers there too.
Ianoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad some are pleased, I hope none of you are complaining about one where I work....I swear, it wasn't me! *whistles*

No, really. Our store is pretty good about prices, we are all anime fans and know our prices. As far as the expiration dates go, you have NO idea how hard it is to get those all switched out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Ianoo wrote:
I'm glad some are pleased, I hope none of you are complaining about one where I work....I swear, it wasn't me! *whistles*

No, really. Our store is pretty good about prices, we are all anime fans and know our prices. As far as the expiration dates go, you have NO idea how hard it is to get those all switched out!

Well, anybody who has worked retail like that should know (I did for awhile) how hard it is to get everthing switched out... especially when you get slammed by customers. You get special orders, complaints, questions, and everything else that makes that a much lower priority.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gnollman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:11 am Reply with quote
Only complaint I have about Suncoast is that the large majority of their goods are all at MSRP. Otherwise, the staff tends to be highly knowledgeable, and will change the price if you catch them in a mistake.

I drop by every so often and just talk to the manager...
Dark Schneider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:11 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Ianoo wrote:

Well, anybody who has worked retail like that should know (I did for awhile) how hard it is to get everthing switched out... especially when you get slammed by customers. You get special orders, complaints, questions, and everything else that makes that a much lower priority.

i know how it is also i work in retail as wel and sometimes youll miss that cause like was said customers hit you and all this an you have to be friendly to customers so you forget about a binlabel thats expired
NebStone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:59 pm Reply with quote
im a fan of suncoats, too. and replay is the only way to go. but sometimes besbuy just has way better prices. sometimes $8 or more. and I've never been over charged...or have i...i guess i wouldnt know. i am pretty good at math so i also have it semi rung up in my head.

but i hate it when i walk out, open my dvd up and its scratched, thats the worst...go back...exchange it...blah blah blah
Innotech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:28 am Reply with quote
NebStone wrote:
im a fan of suncoats, too. and replay is the only way to go. but sometimes besbuy just has way better prices. sometimes $8 or more. and I've never been over charged...or have i...i guess i wouldnt know. i am pretty good at math so i also have it semi rung up in my head.

but i hate it when i walk out, open my dvd up and its scratched, thats the worst...go back...exchange it...blah blah blah

Believe me I know. Yesterday I bought Onegai Teacher volume 1 and opened it to find a busted case with one very mutilated DVD. I got them to order another one so Ill get that disc later this week. the people there are great. I know one guy pretty well and a girl there is getting to know me too. They probably treat me as such because I've bought a lot of product there already.
OrsonHyuri

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:27 am Reply with quote
When I first started collecting vhs anime in the mid-90s I discovered new anime by what appealed to me on the cover and the synopsis on the back. I used to shell out tons for the EVA vhs tapes, and other big animes.

But since Amazon has taken off, i've found it more reliable and cheaper to order from them because the amount of money I save in shipping, tax, etc. it's usually cheaper buying from amazon than suncoast's MSRP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1