• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tales of Xillia Game Sells 526,000 Copies in its 1st Week

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
great news. the game looks awesome from the previews and the opening is godly. i really hope namco decides to localize this but that depends on the fan demand and maybe how graces F and abyss 3DS sells though i already pre ordered both so i cant wait to play them.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Awful game. Looks terrible.

At least that's what I keep telling myself because I know it'll never come out here so I don't have to actually be saddened by that fact. Crying or Very sad
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
it will prolly come over here, while we never really get the portables or re-releases we almost always get the console tales games. but we prolly won't hear anything till tales of graces F is released.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
When Monster Hunter 3G, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword comes out this trash will be pushed right out of the top 5 Easy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
it will prolly come over here, while we never really get the portables or re-releases we almost always get the console tales games. but we prolly won't hear anything till tales of graces F is released.

Really? so where's the Rebirth or Destiny 2?

there has been some rumors about localization files on the disk, but i don't even care anymore if they come over. I'm usually busy playing the shiny new one by the time the previous one gets here. I'm sad that i'm only 6 hours into xillia though Sad
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:42 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
When Monster Hunter 3G, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword comes out this trash will be pushed right out of the top 5 Easy.
Trash? Pfft, bullshit, dumbass. Xillia is a damn good game, and even though it isn't even the best in the series, it's still a helluva lot better than ANY of the lame-ass Nintendo shit you just mentioned(and this even more true for some other games in the series). Rolling Eyes

glitteringloke wrote:
I'm usually busy playing the shiny new one
Same. Honestly, I began importing Tales games years ago, and don't regret it for a second--the JP-only motherships are far better than what we ever had released here. Hell, I've been making up for almost a year of no Tales imports and have bought 4 in the past 2 months or so, half of which are still on their way to me.

Last edited by Sanosuke_Inara on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Someone sounds jealous.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:19 am Reply with quote
Gorgeous character designs as usual. Give more Tales anime!
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:50 am Reply with quote
glitteringloke wrote:

How about some more recent examples? Ever since Legendia, at least one version of each console title (Legendia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Graces) has made it over here. If Xillia were a handheld title, I'd be far more pessimistic, but as of now I'm not too worried.
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
glitteringloke wrote:

How about some more recent examples? Ever since Legendia, at least one version of each console title (Legendia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Graces) has made it over here. If Xillia were a handheld title, I'd be far more pessimistic, but as of now I'm not too worried.

Destiny-R or DC, Fandom 2 (tales of donjara was too much fun for me), oh, and Vesperia-PS3 is pretty recent. But as i said before, i don't really care if it comes out or not (part of me just prefer it doesn't) because it'll be like abyss was and Graces-f will be for me. I'll probably be in ToI-R, the Heroes one, or my 4th xillia playthrough by the time Graces F hits our stores.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:01 am Reply with quote
glitteringloke wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
glitteringloke wrote:

Destiny-R or DC, Fandom 2 (tales of donjara was too much fun for me), oh, and Vesperia-PS3 is pretty recent. But as i said before, i don't really care if it comes out or not (part of me just prefer it doesn't) because it'll be like abyss was and Graces-f will be for me. I'll probably be in ToI-R, the Heroes one, or my 4th xillia playthrough by the time Graces F hits our stores.

I was counting only flagship titles (which Fandom is not) since that's what Xillia is, and said at least ONE version of each console game. So Vesperia wouldn't count (since we got the 360 version), nor would Destiny (got the PS1 version) against the record of 4 in-a-row so far.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad its selling well. I hope its licensed.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I heard about this and this is great for the Tales series. There is some hope it might get a oversea release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shoujogirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

That's only 4 games.
Have you played Xillia? Or, for that matter, any games in the Tales series. If you want a cheap thrill and some mindless entertainment, Mario Kart/Land and Monster Hunter would be fine, great, even. That's why they sell--mindless entertainment.
If instead you want a tightly plotted, cleverly woven story with lovable characters, then look towards Tales of Xillia.
I bet you've already done this though, right? No one would be foolish enough to call something trash when they know nothing about it, right?
Wait, this is the Internet. Never mind.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Pfft, bullshit, dumbass. Xillia is a damn good game, and even though it isn't even the best in the series, it's still a helluva lot better than ANY of the lame-ass Nintendo shit you just mentioned(and this even more true for some other games in the series). Rolling Eyes

You know, it's moronic enough when fanboys trash games they haven't even played but you're really taking it to a whole other level of idiocy by trashing games that aren't even out yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2