• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is this really a photo of Shirow sensei?!??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susanooh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:34 am Reply with quote
In an old news (sorry for the pun) on Appleseed movie I found this link to a famitsu interview... ( http://www.famitsu.com/entertainment/news/2002/04/11/n05.html ).
I quicky jumped to the page, because there was a reference to a photo of the elusive Shirow... is this true?? I forgot most of my Japanese, but I can spot Masamune Shirow kanjis at first glance in a page.
Is really Him in the photo, or only the director? Shirow is born on 1961, so he is more than 40...

I never saw a non-distorted photo of Shirow in my life.

someone can help?
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:11 am Reply with quote
Ran it through a translator and it keeps refering to that guy (the one with the long hair, I assumes he's who you're asking about) as director Nisizaki Akira. Not sure who this guy is though, he doesn't seem to be in the Encyclopedia, maybe he's a CG director?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quote
He's not Shirow Masamune, he's just quoting him. "Masamune Shirow says, 'blah-blah new technology blah-blah digital imaging blah-blah production blah yadda yadda.'" Standard ain't-tech-great speech.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Masamune Shirow work as a school teacher in his day job? (Does he still do that?). If so, I'd expect the Japanese would frown upon long-haired teachers, so I guess that's not Shirow in that picture, as you guys have already pointed out by actually reading that article (which I can't).
Susanooh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:28 am Reply with quote
So?
Maybe one in the back of the first photo?

Only reference to the "real" Shirow I know are a distorted photo, and a self portrait...

here...
http://www.asgard.gen.nz/anime/shirow/whois.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1