• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Anime have you found the most touching?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monumension

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:26 am Reply with quote
Grave of the Fireflies is devastating. Most live action movies about war are focused on the soliders who gave their lives on the battlefield. The sad truth about war however is that the civilians are suffering just as much, something I think this movie captures.

To quote a friend of mine:
"War is not about winning or losing or politics or doing what it right, war is about the death of our children."
Saga-san

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
uh, I know a lot of Animes, that have touched me a lot xD' one of them... hm, I think Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ^^ spoiler['It was... a wonderful dream'] stupid Mitsuki Anime cry poor Haruka, why does this stupid woman love Takayuki, betrayed her best friend >< oh man .-.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
DELETE.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
RedComet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Princess Mononoke for some reason made me feel the most emotions I had ever felt when watching anime.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:14 am Reply with quote
RedComet wrote:
Princess Mononoke for some reason made me feel the most emotions I had ever felt when watching anime.

Okay...why? As it is, your post is just a really long-winded list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I've seen alot of Redcomet's replies on threads and none of them aren't really detailed much. Sorry if it sounds like i'm attacking you but I get really annoyed when someone just adds a one sentence reply in very interesting topics like this. I mean short replies don't really add much to the discussion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RedComet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Well it's because one of the conflicts ,which is mankind destroying nature is making me reflect on it and think more broadly on how that is actually happening in the real world and I see it as a metaphor with Iron Town and the forest (thinking of the rain forests).

Last edited by RedComet on Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkSamurai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:24 am Reply with quote
Samurai X was the most touching. especially the ending of the second volume: episode 4.

A sword is not a tool of destruction, but salvation
- samurai X
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Well to add to most touching I would say Air TV. I read a spoiler that said that Misuzu spoiler[would die in the last episode] and when I began to watch the series I felt really sad because each episode brought me one step closer to her spoiler[eventual death ]. Each episode after finding out that she would spoiler[die] was hard to watch because her spoiler[death] is gonna happen and well you just know its gonna be sad. Anyone know how this feels when you accidentally read a spoiler? To know that a character is eventually gonna spoiler[die] is really sad to me. Its like knowing someone you know is gonna spoiler[die] and theres nothing you can do to help him. Its like that feeling of being hopeless. Anyone feel like that when knowing and anime character is going to spoiler[die]?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ez Barzam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
The most touching moment in anime for me was from Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal. The final few minutes of the Betrayal OAV really were something else to me, the scene in particular where spoiler[Tomoe, in her last moments completes the “X” on Kenshin’s cheek.]

To add on, while not the most touching, I do think Julia’s spoiler[death atop Annie’s store], and Spike’s spoiler[‘blaze of glory’ struggle to reach] Vicious, spoiler[before they kill each other] in the concluding episode of Cowboy Bebop bring the building emotional tension to a noteworthy, tear jerking finale. Good stuff. Wink
Nani?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
X TV: When spoiler[Sorata dies] it's at that moment when things look most nightmarish, hopeless, and predestined and you go "What a horrible situation".

Wolf's Rain Episode 27, as it opens to the spoiler[destruction of Jagura's city] along with the quotes from the Book of the Moon was just had that put goosebumps as you see just what is meant.

Haibane The last episode is one of those where, if you've ever looked personal despair in the face you know only too well.

All the best,spoiler[In an atoning fashion, if you know about it you need to know, if not don't worry.]

Nani?
frubam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:31 am Reply with quote
Fruits Basket is definitely one of my favs. I absolutely LOVE Tohru, just thinking about her makes me blush. The connection between her and all the other characters is so beautiful. Boys over Flowers hit that mark too. The way Tsukasaspoiler[, knowing he how strong he is, when he let those 4 guys beat him up to save Tsukushi in vol 8]was one of the many sacrifices he made for true love."

I'd also like to talk about the first time I EVER cried bcause of an anime. It was when i was about 10/11 yrs old, and the Sci-Fi ch had their Anime block on Sat mornings. I only seen it once, but i remember Robot Carnival. There was one particular short film about a man who created a dollspoiler[, and fell in love with it. Then i think that man got married, and forsake the doll he himself created, leaving the doll heartbroken. I think in the end, as he was an old man, and his wife died or maybe left him, he went back the the doll, and that doll still loved him after all those years. ] I never EVER felt like that before, feeling so much sympathy for that doll when the man left, that tears were falling down my face like a dripping faucet, my heart actually beating in fear(though i can't remember particularly why, though i can guess). My mom told me to shut up because' she thought i was playing(she's kinda scary). I don't think I'll ever feel like that ever again, as I think there's something that can only be felt as a kid that didn't quite acknowledge the nature of "drama" can feel.
ff_fanatic98

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:00 am Reply with quote
Definitely FMA I cried when spoiler[Hughes died ]and I cried non stop during the last two eps first spoiler[it was the whole Al/Ed wanting to get their bodies back and willing to sacrifice themselves for each other,] second spoiler[it was because i thought Roy had died and I'm such a fangirl of Roy]=P.

I also cried during the Furuba anime and manga, esp in the last episode when Kyou hugged Tooru. I was also on the verge of tears in Naruto afterspoiler[ Sasuke and Naruto's fight and Sasuke headband falls off and it starts to rain.] And X/1999 the whole storyline between Subaru and Seishirou made me feel like crying but I never actually shed tears.
bby_tomboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:31 am Reply with quote
There are a number of anime that has been worth cryin over lolz. Fruits Basket was one of them-as well as FMA & R.O.D The TV. Of course-it was all the sad scenes which were touchin Crying or Very sad. Also I found myself cryin from Chrono Crusade at the scene spoiler[when Mary Magdalene died from savin Chrono.] Thats all for now! Wink [/spoiler]
Saikano

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Saikano---Saikano was the first anime where i cryd i watchd Saikano 3 days ago and i cant stopping thinking about it.
The most scenes that wheren toching Crying or Very sad are
Episode 09 - Akemi spoiler[When Akemi was about to die Crying or Very sad ],
Episode 11 - A time for us spoiler[Near at the end when Chise had pain Crying or Very sad ],
Episode 12 - Love song spoiler[At few min after begin when Chise almost died and later in the episode near the end Crying or Very sad ] and
Episode 13 - And we will love spoiler[Near the begin Razz (agian) when Chise said that she was hoping that love should safe her Crying or Very sad every time when i see that part i have to cry Crying or Very sad and near at the end Crying or Very sad (lol agian) when Chise was a red light Crying or Very sad ]

Saikano is a emotional masterpiece
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 15