One Piece Kabuki Play Gets New Run in Tokyo in 2017
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The theatrical screenings for the Kabuki stage play based on Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga revealed on Saturday that the play is getting a new run in Tokyo at the Shinbashi Enbujō theater in Ginza in October and November 2017.
The play first ran from October-November 2015 at the Shinbashi Enbujō in Ginza, Tokyo. 100,000 tickets for the Tokyo run all sold out. The play then ran in Osaka from March 1-25, and then in Fukuoka from April 2-26.
The kabuki stage play's full cast is as follows:
- Ichikawa Ennosuke IV as Luffy (seen right), Hancock, Shanks
- Ichikawa Ukon as Whitebeard
- Bandō Minosuke II as Zoro, Bentham, Squard
- Nakamura Hayato as Sanji, Inazuma
- Ichikawa Shunen II as Nami, Sandersonia
- Ichikawa Kōtarō as Hatchan, Sentomaru
- Ichikawa Juen as Avalo Pizarro
- Ichikawa Emisaburō as Nyon
- Ichikawa Enya II as Jinbei, Blackbeard (Teach)
- Ichikawa Emiya II as Nico Robin, Marigold
- Ichikawa Omezō VI as Magellan
- Ichikawa Monnosuke VIII as Tsuru
- Seiji Fukushi as Ace
- Noritoshi Kashima as Brook, "Akainu" Sakazuki
- Kazuyuki Asano as Rayleigh, Ivankov, Sengoku
The play adapts volumes 51-60 of the manga, a portion of the story known as the "Paramount War Saga." In the story, Luffy attempts to find his brother Ace and save him from execution, while a war erupts between the World Government and the Whitebeard Pirates.