One Piece Kabuki Play Gets New Run in Tokyo in 2017
posted on 2016-10-22 01:30 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The theatrical screenings for the Kabuki stage play based on Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga revealed on Saturday that the play is getting a new run in Tokyo at the Shinbashi Enbujō theater in Ginza in October and November 2017.
The play first ran from October-November 2015 at the Shinbashi Enbujō in Ginza, Tokyo. 100,000 tickets for the Tokyo run all sold out. The play then ran in Osaka from March 1-25, and then in Fukuoka from April 2-26.
The kabuki stage play's full cast is as follows:
- Ichikawa Ennosuke IV as Luffy (seen right), Hancock, Shanks
- Ichikawa Ukon as Whitebeard
- Bandō Minosuke II as Zoro, Bentham, Squard
- Nakamura Hayato as Sanji, Inazuma
- Ichikawa Shunen II as Nami, Sandersonia
- Ichikawa Kōtarō as Hatchan, Sentomaru
- Ichikawa Juen as Avalo Pizarro
- Ichikawa Emisaburō as Nyon
- Ichikawa Enya II as Jinbei, Blackbeard (Teach)
- Ichikawa Emiya II as Nico Robin, Marigold
- Ichikawa Omezō VI as Magellan
- Ichikawa Monnosuke VIII as Tsuru
- Seiji Fukushi as Ace
- Noritoshi Kashima as Brook, "Akainu" Sakazuki
- Kazuyuki Asano as Rayleigh, Ivankov, Sengoku
The play adapts volumes 51-60 of the manga, a portion of the story known as the "Paramount War Saga." In the story, Luffy attempts to find his brother Ace and save him from execution, while a war erupts between the World Government and the Whitebeard Pirates.