Live-Action P to JK Film Reveals More Cast, Visual, March 25 Premiere
posted on by Kevin Yuan
The official website of the live-action film adaptation of Maki Miyoshi's P to JK romantic comedy revealed a still and a poster visual for the film on Saturday. The website has also revealed the film's March 25 release date, as well as additional cast and insert song artists.
The website also began streaming a 60-second trailer on Saturday for the film, but the trailer is region-locked to Asia (screenshots are below). The trailer features Bruno Mars' song "Marry You," which is an insert song for the film. Trio Ōhashi (Nyanbo!) is composing the film's music, and Flipper's Guitar is performing "Friends Again" and "Happy Like a honeybee" as additional insert songs for the film.
The film's new cast includes:
- Noriko Eguchi as Heisuke's mother
- Yōta Kawase as Heisuke's mother's lover
- Aoba Kawai as Kōta's sister
- Maryjun Takahashi as Mikado's sister
- Toshiki Seto as a hoodlum
- Yūto Kobayashi as a hoodlum
- Takuya Matsunaga as a hoodlum
- Taishi Matsumoto as a hoodlum
- Masao Yoshii as Kōta's friend
- Masaki Inoshita as Kōta's friend
Kazuya Kamenashi (live-action Joker Game's Jiro Katō) and Tao Tsuchiya (Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends' Misao, live-action Aozora Yell's Tsubasa Ono, live-action Orange's Naho Takamiya) play the lead roles of Kōta Sagano and Kako Motoya, respectively.
- Mahiro Takasugi as Heisuke Ōgami
- Tina Tamashiro as Mikado Yaguchi
- Aya Ōmasa as Fumi Komori
- Tomorowo Taguchi as Yamamoto
- Jun Murakami as Kako's father
- Rie Tomosaka as Kako's mother
- Daigo Nishihata as Jirō Nagakura
The manga revolves around a first-year high school student named Kako who is a beginner at love, and a handsome policeman named Kōta. The two meet at a mixer and are immediately attracted to each other, but Kōta starts treating her coldly after he realizes she is a high school student. The two decide to get married instead of just date, and after getting Kako's parents' permission, they marry secretly and have a commuter marriage until Kako graduates from high school. The manga follows their trials and tribulations through their marriage.
Miyoshi launched the P to JK manga in Kodansha's Bessatsu Friend magazine in 2013, and Kodansha published the seventh compiled volume of the manga in Japan on June 13. The manga has more than 2.6 million copies in print.
Source: Comic Natalie