• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cat Sh*t One's English-Dubbed Episode Now Streaming

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, after waiting 3 years to watch it after seeing the original trailer, I was slightly disappointed. Now its been almost 4 years, and instead of getting a second episode we get an English dub.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
This turned out a lot better than I expected! I'd sure be interested if they did more.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Well that was fun. Hope they get enough investors to do a series.
vgrfx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of this before today so it was amazing to me if the animation really is 4 years old it holds up really well they did an outstanding job.

This Anime shows you the difference between how America and Japan treat the animated media. I love the contrast between the cute bunnies lol and the special forces mission this is amazing and I loved every second of it. So glad they released it and in HD for that matter.

I wish there was more I would love at least 12 episodes of this. But I know animation of this caliber must be incredibly expensive a full 140 minute movie is probably all we could realistically hope for. Maybe they could build a movie around this scene.
Sticks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I like it!! It's different from what I'm use to but it's definitely worth a look-see..... Very Happy Wink
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, if it's about American soldiers, it's just appropriate it be in English. Laughing
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Well, if it's about American soldiers, it's just appropriate it be in English. Laughing

In case no one noticed, the rabbits are American, in Japanese rabbit is usagi...GET IT? USA GI? HA HA SO CLEVER. Laughing
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Hear is what I commented on youtube about my thought of Cat Shit One (in dub):

Awesome and I can't believe people say that the Japanese is better. Should the english voice actors voice the character in Japanese so that you could respect them more, because what the Japanese do is not hard, it's that you will be fine with it only when you can't understand it. So Yeah, the DUB ROCKS.... can't imagine the cusing having nearly as much of an impact in Japanese then in English. It's the argument that Japanese Black Lagoon is better all over again, which is just bull shit.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote
Jrittmayer wrote:
Well, after waiting 3 years to watch it after seeing the original trailer, I was slightly disappointed. Now its been almost 4 years, and instead of getting a second episode we get an English dub.

It took nearly four years to dub just one single episode? Man that is even longer than the wait for the you guessed it, Endless Eight (Haruhi.)

Odd title though, not a title you can really say out loud without getting at least one look. Especially given the fact cat is the first name in the title.
Hexon.Arq

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
I did not expect to be as impressed as I am. Gadzooks, DO WANT.

(I'm not as smitten with the dub as some others, though. 50% of it is really good. The other half could use some work. That's all I'm gonna say...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:30 am Reply with quote
$30 for a 22 Minute Blu-ray........ >_> What in the hell is wrong with these people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
and that was terrible. The japanese was much better, with Packy sounding like a badass and not this monotonous robot.

wasn't going to buy it anyways, as Mario said above me $30 for 22 minutes LOL.
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty unhappy with the casting of Packy, he really needed to be more gruff. I knew getting David Hayter was too much to ask for but that really would have made me consider buying it.
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I've never watched the original, but I'm just going to be honest here,

Frankly, this is a stupid concept. I don't mean to sound offense to anyone who likes it, but the idea for anthropomorphic animals involved in a war seems much more better fitted for a video game than an animation.

In fact, despite it having originated in Japan, the entire thing seems more like something better suited as a cartoon of western-origin, especially because of the use of CGI and animals. While I admit that the CGI was good, I'm not really too fond of anime that completely uses CGI. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I would have said this was American, but it isn't.

But I did give it a try, was kinda hoping that it would have some opening theme of sorts, which it apparently didn't, something that I also find to be disappointing. Perhaps it had one in the original, I'm not too sure. Also, I was pretty bored of it and stopped watching half-way.

Don't get me wrong, I like certain war-things, such as Conker: Live & Reloaded (which has a concept ten times better than this) and Team Fortress 2, but this isn't impressive whatsoever. Perhaps the original manga is better, but I am not willing to try it either.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote
The Goron Marshall wrote:
In fact, despite it having originated in Japan, the entire thing seems more like something better suited as a cartoon of western-origin, especially because of the use of CGI and animals.

I somehow doubt Pixar or Dreamworks would ever make a movie this dark/gruesome/serious (despite the cute bunnies). So in that regard, it could really only have been done in anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2