• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Hanasaku Iroha Work in 2012 Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh pagoda. Sorry, fangirling. Very Happy

I really hope that if anything it's not a live action remake of any sort.

Can you picture it?
Perhaps it's a continuation of the story set 10 or 15 years in the future. The inn is reopened. Certain people now have children and are married. It's magical. It's wonderful!

The end of the anime had such an open and optimistic ending that anything is possible if a continuation is done.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Racheldoublemm wrote:
Oh pagoda. Sorry, fangirling. Very Happy

I really hope that if anything it's not a live action remake of any sort.

Can you picture it?
Perhaps it's a continuation of the story set 10 or 15 years in the future. The inn is reopened. Certain people now have children and are married. It's magical. It's wonderful!

The end of the anime had such an open and optimistic ending that anything is possible if a continuation is done.

Agreed. I'm not story writer so I don't know WHERE they could go with in terms of a main plot but of course the main course would simply follow the same "problems the Inn is having" forumla and still be very good in my eyes, assuming it's not the same problems rehashed. Exciting no matter what they do, such a great franchise.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Hanasaku Iroha has become my favorite anime title for me. It's great to hear about the new show.

I prefer another series instead of OVA. Japanese animation industry seriously do need more original shows with good writers like Mari Okada. I'm getting tired of fan pandering that many adaptations indulge on.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
WHAT?

That's... that's good. Very good, yes. Wow.

Assuming it isn't an LA-remake as Rachel has suggested that is, which wouldn't surprise me one bit given how easily the show's subject matter could be transformed for that.

Or maybe we'll get something way out of left field, like an alternate-story VN from Ko's perspective that begins around episode nine's events. Laughing
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
My only wish is that they FINALLY make Minko STOP BEING AN UNGRATEFUL BRAT TOWARD OHANA FOR FREAKING ONCE!!!
Eivion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this will be either a movie or OVA taking place a few years later.
JDuks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
My only wish is that they FINALLY make Minko STOP BEING AN UNGRATEFUL BRAT TOWARD OHANA FOR FREAKING ONCE!!!

This was the only reason to watch the show.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool it was a good series come on Hanasaku Iroha After Story anther 26eps
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
So I guess I'm the only fan that doesn't want a sequel? I thought the ending was perfect as it was and want to remember the characters as we saw them in the ending credits. I don't want a sequel that takes place in some sort of vague future in year 20XX. I don't feel like this should be that kind of show. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome an "afterword" OAV that takes place immediately after they all depart, just no future time frame.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Why stop there? maybe ohana can be stopping being an airhead, Nako grows a backbone, Yuina stops being a spoiled brat, Ohana's grandma stop being so tight, Tooru recognizes minchi's affection, the failed writer stops being a pervert and everyone stops being themselves -_-
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I REALLY HOPE that it will be a second anime series. I loved Hanasaku Iroha.
HatsumiShinogu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Is it too much to hope for something to happen between Tohru and Ohana? I kinda see the new project an OAV or animated movie that takes place years after the original story. Since it is a slice of life, it shouldn't go the typical way, so I am hoping that Tohru and Ohana might end up together at some point.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
...Yuina stops being a spoiled brat...

But, but that's her charm!

Count me in with those who think a sequel would be unnecessary and possibly awkward to work. The ambiguously phrased "new visual work" makes me think it isn't going to be an anime, and probably a live-action adaptation, which seems doable enough (although Moyashimon live-action was horrible for reasons unrelated to effects).
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
You mean nobody wants to watch Hanasaku Iroha in the Twenty Fifth Century?
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quote
Anymouse wrote:
You mean nobody wants to watch Hanasaku Iroha in the Twenty Fifth Century?

Please tell me that was a reference to this.

If it is a direct continuation I hope it doesn't start back where it left off. As Emerje said the ending was defined so wonderfully anything to soil those perfect images would just be a waste. I do however kinda think something set in the future (out of the highschool years) would be really nice. Or perhaps a story set at the beginning of the Kissuiso with Sui and her husband, showing how each character arrived at the inn as well as how Enishi and Satsuki grew up. The film episode was always one of my favorites and I keep wanting more back story on Enishi in college and with his parents.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2