• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Outlanders Delayed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iria51

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
As one of the earliest anime OVAs that I had seen on laser disc back in the early days of my anime addiction, I am really looking forward to adding this classic to my DVD collection and getting rid of my old VHS copy.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Iria51 wrote:
As one of the earliest anime OVAs that I had seen on laser disc back in the early days of my anime addiction, I am really looking forward to adding this classic to my DVD collection and getting rid of my old VHS copy.
You were lucky to just get the VHS! I tried for 6 years to find a legit one but no luck. Shame about the delay but I dare say I'll survive the disappointment. Now if Dark Horse will republish Vol-1 of the manga I'll be sending more of me dosh in their direction again.
wildarmsheero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, I remember renting this ages ago with some friends. This and Angel Cop...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh man! I was looking forward to this. Mad

I mean it isn't the greatest piece considering that OVAs were just starting out and then you got the manga which is far more detailed and looonger. But still I want this title because it was one of the first anime's that I was given in a VHS trade in the "raw" WAAAAAAAAAY WAAAAAAAAAAAY back!

Hell, I'm surpirsed that someone went out of their way to license this title. I mean do you know how old this title is? Shocked Laughing Well, I just hope it gets released.
Cowpunk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:07 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
You were lucky to just get the VHS! I tried for 6 years to find a legit one but no luck.

They are still around. I saw one in the discount bin at Anime-V in Berkeley last week.

I recommend waiting for the DVD, the VHS dub was pretty bad if I remember correctly.
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I just bought an old VHS of this title at my local Blockbuster. I did it on a whim, and it wasn't bad at all. It was the only anime on the clearance table and it just kinda called out to me. Kinda like Mezzo Forte did at a pawn shop months ago.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:27 am Reply with quote
Cowpunk wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
You were lucky to just get the VHS! I tried for 6 years to find a legit one but no luck.

They are still around. I saw one in the discount bin at Anime-V in Berkeley last week.
Sorry, but was that Berkeley, Gloucestershire then? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1