• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fafner Website Update

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what's the source for stating that Soukyuu no Fafner -RIGHT OF LEFT- ~single program~ is the prequel to Soukyuu no Fafner ~Dead Aggressor~?

Also, you linked to Soukyuu no Fafner -RIGHT OF LEFT- ~single program~'s website wrong. Here's the right link:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/fafner/

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
not_awaken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
The incorrect URL is my error... sorry about that.

I haven't read anything official saying it's a prequel (and I couldn't--my Japanese skills are basically non-existent), but you can infer it because Kuramae dies in the first episode of the Fafner TV series, so for her to be alive it would have to be a prequel. Most viewers probably wouldn't remember her as she barely appeared in that episode (she's the girl Soushi bumps into when he first enters the classroom). At that point she and Soushi are the only ones in their class who know the truth.

Based on that reasoning I feel confident stating that RIGHT OF LEFT takes place before the TV series.

(Added after looking for something more substantial) Actually, on the main page there's a short summary of the show's premise. Something about the day Festum came to Tatsumiya Island asking "Are you there?" and then "ano hi kara ichi nen mae" -- "one year before that day". Unless I'm mistaken (which is quite possible, even probable) that confirms the show's timeframe.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
It's all good about the URL error. Everyone makes mistakes. I was just informing ANN so they would fix it (which apparently, they won't since it hasn't been fixed yet). Oh and thanks for the explanation about why you think RIGHT OR LEFT is the prequel, appreciate that. But for the next time, please don't assume something's a prequel unless you have an official source. Especially if you are submitting it to such a respected anime website like ANN.

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1