• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Character Guessing Game, Q4-2012 Round.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
Q4-2012 Round of the Anime Character Guessing Game (with pics Wink ). October through December 2012

Q3-2012 Round
Q3-2012 Results

Rules:

1. A character's pic will be posted, and everyone has to guess who that character is.

Note - Check the last 2-3 pages for the latest pictures that are in play.

2.Clues are optional, but only 4 clues (1-2 clues for the first day and if no one gets it during the first day, 1-2 more clues can be added on the second day) are allowed. Plus spoiler tags should be included because there might be people who rather not use the clues. Clues can be given at any time, and participants can also ask for clues, but make sure it doesn't exceed the limit (2 clues/day).

a. Clues should only be in word form

b. Clues must be directly related to either the character or the anime the character is from.

3.ANYONE can make a guess (even those who were able to get an answer right before), but it’s only one guess per person, per picture. Once you get it wrong, you can’t make anymore guesses, and you'll have to wait for the next picture. For guesses, you have to include:

a. Character's full name or popular name/s (for characters with multiple names)
b. Series where the character came from (Series' popular name is sufficient)

3.1 Spoiler tags for guesses are mandatory. Guesses without spoiler tags will not be considered official.

3.2 No fake guesses. If you already know your guess is wrong, then don't post. Guesses that are obviously fake will not be counted official.

4.Only the one who submits the pic can verify whether a guess is right or wrong. Participants will be notified through the thread.

5.Whoever gets it right first will be the next one to post a pic. You can either post:
a.Part of a character’s face or body (Example Here)
b.A character that you think is not that popular (Up to supporting characters only, so characters like “random girl sitting on a park bench” are not allowed. Character of choice must be significant to the plot and/or is recognizable)
c.A pic showing the character of your choice wherein the character doesn’t look the way he/she usually does. (Example Here)
d. Only choose characters from anime that has [at least] one episode released/aired in Japan.
e. Please don't use manga pics - this is an ANIME character guessing game after all. This is because the art in the anime version may differ from the manga version.
f. All pictures must be at least 100x100 in size. Also, editing (other than cropping) is NOT allowed.
g. If people other than yourself are likely to question whether what's being depicted is actually a character, then you shouldn't use the image.

*Please avoid posting pics containing spoilers.

6. If no one gets it right after 10 guesses (or if no one gets it right for 2 days, regardless of the number of guesses), ANYONE (even those without points) can post a pic but it’s first come, first serve. This rule shall also be observed if there is no new pic in 24 hours.

a. If there is an outstanding guess (made within the time limit) that has not yet been confirmed, please be patient and wait for confirmation. If there is no confirmation in 24 hours, rule 6 will take effect.

7.Just so it doesn't take a long time to load, I would like to ask that pictures would only be in JPEG/GIF format and that the picture size does not exceed 100kb.

8.No off topic comments or chat room speak. Selenta asked me to provide this rule so this thread won’t get locked.

9.I’ll be acting as referee, and I’ll keep score. Score updates will be posted at the end of each month. If you have any questions, comments and other concerns, just PM me about it instead of posting on the thread.

10. While it may be possible to find the answer through Google search by image or other image search engines, this defeats the purpose of the game, so their use is prohibited. However, hints provided for the image in play are fair game for search engines.

SCORING: Guessing correctly gives you one point.

If you need a quick reference of all the pics used in the past, then please click this link:
DerekTheRed's spreadsheet

This is just for reference, in case you don't want to post a pic that has not been posted before.

MINI-GAME RULES:

1.Mini-games can only be initiated if there is NO picture in play. This situation arises when the previous pic has been answered, but the person who was able to get it hasn’t returned to post his/her pic. However, rule 6 prevails over this rule. This means that, if there are no new pics for 2 days, ANYONE can post a new pic and that pic will be for the main game.

1.a Please indicate that you are playing the mini-game. Simply type "mini-game" in bold at the beginning of your post.

2.It’s first come, first serve.

3.Pictures can be:

a.A picture of a significant item from an anime. “Personified” objects are allowed to a certain extent (Such as Alastor of Shakugan no Shana). Keep in mind that the object should be more inanimate than alive. Such pictures must come from scenes within the anime they are from.
b.A picture of a memorable scene from an anime.
c.“Living things” within a picture are allowed, as long as they’re not major characters (or it is almost impossible to tell who the character is).

4.Game ends as soon as the main pic is posted, whether or not the mini-game pics have been answered. At that point, the answer to the mini-game pics can be revealed.

5.There is no continuity between mini-games. Mini-games are separate and distinct from one another.

6.No points from mini-games can be garnered.

7.The main game rules should also be observed during mini-games. In fact, the main game rules will always supercede the mini-game rules.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
So I get the first one in this round. Not sure if it is too easy, but might be a bit tricky.
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
Please note that I have edited Rule 6. If there is no new game image in 24 hours, the turn is up for grabs. Previously, the time limit was 48 hours.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
Hint #1 spoiler[This character was first being called by another person's name, that other person was also pretending to be this character.]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 am Reply with quote
From the hint, I think it's spoiler[Sovereignty from C3]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
You got it Megiddo, perhaps the hint was too much of a give away. For bonus fact, it is spoiler[his/her male form,and you can see the female form's hair] on the side of the picture.
Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quote
So then, what is this?

HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
Are those spoiler[magical circles from Fate/Zero?]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Specifically, they're ones from spoiler[Archer using Gate of Babylon (or whatever his Noble Phantasm's name is that I'm spacing on right now) in Fate/Zero].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Okay. I just recently re-watched this series, so might as well go with it.

Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
As for the minigame: Key is correct.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1 spoiler[The character couldn't tell you her name even if she wanted to]
Zewerr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I recognized the character design, immediately which got me to the right series. I haven't seen it in so long. But that's spoiler[Laila from Yugo the Negotiator]. I couldn't find a full name (if one was given).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
That is correct, and as far as I know, her full name as disclosed in the series.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Baseball is consuming me, so ill have to pass.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 88