• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unofficial JManga localizers list

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnKansan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
For those who are interested, I'm compiling a list of translators, editors and typesetters who have done work for JManga, both to get us public credit in some form and for readers who'd like to know. Note that this is unofficial, just people who've chosen to share the information. They're mostly folks from the same agency as me, but anyone else who's worked for them and would like to share their info is welcome to contact me.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:14 am Reply with quote
Do they not edit the volumes that were already done by defunct companies?

Because I hear a old of people complain about TokyoPop translations.
BonnKansan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Do they not edit the volumes that were already done by defunct companies?

Because I hear a old of people complain about TokyoPop translations.

No, they don't. It'd be nice if we could at some point, but meanwhile we just work with what we have in the continuing volumes, fixing terminology if necessary without being too jarringly different from the older volumes. Of course, there was enough variation in editorial policy over the lifetime of some releases (like "tactics") that it wasn't too hard to be less confusing Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
oriana3k

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for this! In recent months I've become very conscious of manga credits, so their absence from JManga bugged me. Big kudos to the team that worked on Don't Cry Girl and Mo'Some Sting. Those books looked and sounded great.

Note to the JManga higher-ups: if I know the names of people who do good work, I am far more likely to buy other things they've worked on. Very Happy
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote
How can we get around to work on JManga titles? I emailed them and they said they didn't have anything set up and asked me for ideas...but there are clearly people working on the titles. I sort of want to see if I can work on titles in some way. I tried DMG, but would seem I had no idea what they were even looking for in their editing. Sort of hard to edit a page when you don't know the full content of the chapter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1