• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
To Use Superpowers or Not?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you use your superpower(s) for?
Good
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
Bad
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
A little of both
40%
 40%  [ 33 ]
Nothing. But, that's only because I'm pretending my power(s) don't exist.
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Personal gain only
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
And this one's for all the spammers out there!
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 81

Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 am Reply with quote
I figured we'd stick them into little preserves and treat them like tourist attractions. I imagine that The Village of Impotents could turn quite the handsome profit.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
Certainly a more humane alternative, but unfortunately not what happens usually when a new species of human emerges. Usually one of them goes the way of the Dodo bird.
ShiroAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quote
As long as I didn't have to be blue and walk around naked everywhere, Dr. Manhattan. As to what I would do, whatever I wanted, I'd basically be a walking god.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd mostly use my powers to access places I'm not allowed in and cut in lines. Every now and then I'd save somebody but then I'd go right back to being a jerk. You know, whatever I'm in the mood for in the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
zxc12321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I would honestly want to turn invisible so i can be a wild card doing good and bad deeds everywhere
Toscanini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quote
Personal gain only

i would make my own McDonalds

Laughing
TheGrayGhost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 am Reply with quote
Totally depends on what kind of super powers I have. I mean if i could fly or teleport, i would mostly use it to my own gain. But if I had super strength or invulnerability I would use it to help people in need.
the skinny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
There are so many powers that would be of benefit and/or sweet to have, but if I had to choose just one...flight.
(Though I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself by the use of wings like Archangel or Hawk-Man, just the power of controlled/instant levitation.)
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:35 am Reply with quote
Here I thought I was being totally boring and joining the average Joe in choosing "Good," but to my surprise so many folks chose "Both"!

Personally, I tend to feel guilt over stuff that most would consider trivial/inconsequential (btw totally not related to any religion as I'm an agnostic/leaning-heavily-towards-atheism). Like if I accidentally step on a bug I instinctively verbally apologize and think about it for the rest of the day. On the rare occasion I've struck and killed an animal while driving I will cry and remember those instances the rest of my life. So suffice it to say, I think if I were to use some sort of power to start doing intentionally any acts I currently consider unethical then I really wouldn't be able to live with myself.

This is quite non-specific but if I had some sort of "power" that allowed it I'd really rather spend my time exploring the universe (this is exactly what I've told folks I'd do given the existence of a ghost). Like witnessing a supernova or a black hole swallowing a star or... well, tons of stuff besides what boring old humans are up to. No offense but earth seems rather dull in comparison...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
You must always use superpowers or special powers for the good side and not the bad side...Keep the world's peace!!...Thank you...
Bolaum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
After watching Death Note I'd say a "A Little of Both" because I'm pretty sure I'd have used the note the same way that he did. I'd kill a bunch of criminals and corrupt people so while it'd be good, making the world a better place (in my opinion) it'd also be bad because I don't have the right to take anyone's life (but if I could do it with no punishment then I'd do it).
D3vin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I am a Anti Hero at heart. I would do it for person gain along the way I would do good and bad. I would not try to hurt anyone thought.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3