• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Latest AX Guests: Mana, Ishiguro

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scortia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
WTF... Expo is really breaking the bank on big guests this year. *_*
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, no kidding. I'm spending a little more on a hotel room this time (staying with less people), so I'm glad it's looking like it'll be especially worth it this year.

Noboru Ishiguro, I know I've heard that name bef-
Quote:
Megazone 23 (OAV) : Director, Storyboard, Original story
Megazone 23 Part II (OAV) : Original story, Supervision
Megazone 23 Part III (OAV) : Original story, Supervision

:D

Last edited by Captain Crotchspike on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, Moi dix Mois was supposed to perform anyway but it was cancelled. I think I'd go to whatever panel or event Mana may have, even if my love for Jrock isn't as high these days...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Mana's gonna be there?... so perhaps he'll be leading a panel discussion. Laughing
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
wow and i thought clamp was enough not Im really really happy I am going.

There pulling out he big people this year. Next year is going to be hard to top what there doing this year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Crotchspike: And Macross and Yamato. Cool Anyway, he and Kitamura should be enough for me.
Beni_Hime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Mana at an anime convention...? Just seems a little out of place to me. Why? is my question...and what could he possibly talk about? Just seems like a strange mix. When I think Mana, I instantly think, pretty dresses and blue lipstick..^__^;; ..not anime. But, I guess.. that's just me.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Beni_Hime wrote:
Mana at an anime convention...? Just seems a little out of place to me. Why? is my question...and what could he possibly talk about? Just seems like a strange mix. When I think Mana, I instantly think, pretty dresses and blue lipstick..^__^;; ..not anime. But, I guess.. that's just me.
there are alot of Jrock fans at anime expo.
hell a couple of Years ago Dual Jewel was there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Beni_Hime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quote
yeah but Mana?? I can't imagine he's much of an interviewee.. hah hah... Atleast invite a talker.
violetsquirrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Mana's gonna be there?... so perhaps he'll be leading a panel discussion. Laughing

He's talking in public these days? Although that wouldn't surprise me... he seems to be moving more towards looking androgynous rather than like a girl, so maybe keeping up the illusion isn't that important anymore? Although I guess he could always do his whisper into the vocalist's ear thing. Or translator's, as the case may be.

Still totally jealous of all the Jrock people America's been getting lately Crying or Very sad
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Beni_Hime wrote:
yeah but Mana?? I can't imagine he's much of an interviewee.. hah hah... Atleast invite a talker.

be hillarius if he tottaly shatterd his persona.
wish ax would reupdate the schedule so I can plan my events.

better not be same time as clamp.

looking at current scheule i hope sunday or monday.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I'll say this politely as possible:

NOOO!!! Mana scares the frecking CRAP out of me!!
*ahem*

Seriously, he's creepy. His face is completely blank, it has no emotion, no expression whatsoever. It's like they performed a labotomy on him but managed to not make him look ugly in the process. And this is coming from a fiery J-rock fan, not a hater. Laughing

Ten bucks says I run into him at expo....the only guest there I'd prefer to never meet ever. >_>;

Although I've heard that underneath his fem-bot costumes and 10 pounds of make-up, he has a deep voice and plays video games. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quote
And another staff member for Mushishi TV is at Anime Expo. I bet it's going to be announced! Very Happy
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
The director of Macross among others! Excellent. Along with one of the creators of Patlabor, and CLAMP, this has some great guest going for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
Beni_Hime wrote:

I understand what you're saying but where else is he going to find 20 - 30 thousand possible fans in America all in one place? You have to go where the fans are in order to break into the American market; even if they are playing Pita -ten in the next room.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2