• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Silver Spoon Anime's Character Designs, More Staff Revealed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh, hey, Greed.

Anyway, watching this is a low priority. I still can't believe Arakawa went from FMA to a dull argicultural manga. But I guess you write what you know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I like what I've read of the manga, so I'm looking forward to this. I like the subdued color scheme. Smile
spacmace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Oh, hey, Greed.
lol exactly what I thought

I'm just waiting for the cast since that will surly be the deciding factor for me. Never was a fan of Arakawa's comedy.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Not terribly excited about this, I tried to read the manga when it first came out but dropped it after reading 5 chapters and getting bored to death. I'm still going to watch it if my plate isn't too full for summer, since I try to watch everything on Noitamina and the manga has become very popular, so I'm willing to give it a chance. But like penguintruth said, it's hard to believe that the woman who wrote FMA suddenly decided to draw a story of farms and agrictulture
leokiko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Oh, hey, Greed.

Anyway, watching this is a low priority. I still can't believe Arakawa went from FMA to a dull argicultural manga. But I guess you write what you know.

Except Silver Spoon is awesome.

You just have awful taste is all. Laughing

CrowLia wrote:
Not terribly excited about this, I tried to read the manga when it first came out but dropped it after reading 5 chapters and getting bored to death. I'm still going to watch it if my plate isn't too full for summer, since I try to watch everything on Noitamina and the manga has become very popular, so I'm willing to give it a chance. But like penguintruth said, it's hard to believe that the woman who wrote FMA suddenly decided to draw a story of farms and agrictulture

Read more.

Last edited by leokiko on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait! This series is great. The first few chapters may be somewhat slow, but once you get to know the cast of characters, it's quite hilarious.

My predictions for the cast: Fukuyama Jun as Hachiken, Sawashiro Miyuki as Aki, Nakamura Yuuichi as Komaba, and Yoshino Hiroyuki as Tokiwa. Wonder if any of them are correct. Want to know the cast already!!
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
that Animal Design on the staff list made me chuckle a little Laughing
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
leokiko wrote:

If liking laboriously dull things is good taste, perhaps I'm better off without it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
While I'm not familiar with the manga, why do I have the feeling someone might make an amv of this anime to the theme of a certain 80s American sitcom?
leokiko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
leokiko wrote:

If liking laboriously dull things is good taste, perhaps I'm better off without it.

It's fine if you hate mangas with great writing. I won't judge you...too much.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Oh, hey, Greed.

And this shows how versatile and talented she is. Not to mention the manga itself is very good and successful. So you actually have checked the manga or simply find the agricultural nature of it "dull" ?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Admittedly, I've only read a few chapters, but it was a struggle to get through them. In one, the characters were making an oven to make pizza in. A whole chapter was dedicated to MAKING PIZZA. We go from a sprawling epic about two young men coming to age as they try to return what they've lost from a horrible decision and coming across a massive conspiracy to rewrite the laws of nature to PIZZA MAKING. By the time I finished with that one, I wanted to take a pick axe to my head and mine out all the memories of it.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Which is why I'm checking out the anime. If I like it enough, I'll give the manga a second chance. As it is, I hardly even remember anything about it, except the farm stuff and that the main character was struggling to decide which club he should join. And that the love interest was in the horse riding club.

It's not like I purposefully dropped it, I simply forgot about it and realized like a month later that I was behind. I think that, if a manga is so unmemorable that I forget to check for updates, it means I'm not interested in it and should try reading something else
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
Everyone's tastes are different so if this isn't your cup of tea, go ahead an move on. There is a reason why this series has won so many awards though. Wink
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
He never said it was bad though. Also I found it boring.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3