• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: You Can Seal Official Contracts With Madoka Magica Stamps

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terminus24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm having a hard time deciding if I should want one of these or be horrified that I can actually sign a contract with Kyubey.

I'd like to assume I'm safe, since I'm not a young teenage girl, but you can never be sure around Kyubey.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't care how, but someone in japan needs to hold a contract saying in a evil tone "you're life is now under my control!" while laughing with a firey background as the scared shitless goober who got wrapped up in that stares with fear at the kyubey seal.

I really don't care how its done or who does it, JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN SOMEONE!
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
I'm having a hard time deciding if I should want one of these or be horrified that I can actually sign a contract with Kyubey.

I'd like to assume I'm safe, since I'm not a young teenage girl, but you can never be sure around Kyubey.
You're not - sure, he'd normally overlook you, but if he was pressed trying to meet his quota nearly any human would work.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
The Japanese web site is here.

You get up to 6 characters for your name. I can't tell whether they would ship internationally.

I would expect these would get used for signing for deliveries, but it would take a certain amount of chutzpah to actually use it for banking, or legal documents.

And there is, or was a few years ago, a whole thing of collecting stamps from people you meet attending an event. I saw this at the 2007 World Science Fiction Convention in Yokohama. There, they mostly used printed stickers, but the form was obviously based on these signature stamps.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
You're not - sure, he'd normally overlook you, but if he was pressed trying to meet his quota nearly any human would work.

Perhaps, but he would have to work extra-hard to keep production up. That is until it was time for the crossovers, and we got into the ultimate IS-scenario: Kyubey meets Shinji Ikari. Unless, spoiler[even without emotions,] Kyubey decides that one is too low-hanging a fruit to pluck.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe this would be accepted as a legal stamp of one's signature. Those are usually a Kanji done in the font of a wood carving of a family surname, or mixed with a kanji of authority. These are just for kids to use for graffiting whatever they feel like. However, it is Japan afterall. Laughing
Adamb15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
....W-wha

..what?

Really?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1