• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Reborn's Akira Amano to Launch ēlDLIVE Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Hope this becomes in print so I can buy it from Japan. I don't trust Viz very much to handle any of her work considering they botched the Reborn manga with shoddy translations and then put it on hiatus.

Also, the number is wrong, Viz only put out up to volume 16, not 18.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I hope the content will be better than Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-chan cause that was a mess imo. I'll look forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Sweet about Amano. I enjoyed Reborn a lot so I'm excited about this! What an interesting title though. Doesn't tell you much about what it's going to be about does it? Lol.

On another note, Viz only printed up to volume 16. They had release dates for volume 17 and 18 but they were never actually released.

Edit: Looks like someone beat me to it about the volume numbers.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to see new material from Amano. Here's hoping it gets an English release and if it does I hope that Viz has learnt from its mistakes with Reborn! and can do Amano some justice!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Would like the Reborn anime to continue, but that is a dream now.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Sorry Amano, but I won't be tempted by your friends at Viz Media, assuming they receive rights, to read another of your works until they resume Reborn!. Gin Tama was one thing, but it's almost painful to look at all sixteen released volumes on my shelf just sitting there doing nothing with their potential.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote
Since my only beef with Viz is they ruin manga covers forcing their hideous color schemes on it, and I don't really care anyway for Viz doesn't license for my country, I'll be looking forward to this.

There is though, something I'm not sure I understood correctly. Will the manga be released on the magazine or will it be exclusive to this WSJ app? If the latter, I hope scanlators can still get their paws on it I can still find my way around it to read it some way
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
How do you even pronounce that title? E-I-D Live in letters? is it "Aid Live"?
bkjeff13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
guys ... you sure are all idiots .. well right JUMP LIVE is part of SHONEN JUMP .. but JUMP LIVE is only capable only to smart phone or androids cellphones .... so .. you can only read that manga in smart phone etc ... so don't get your hopes up that manga will print in BOOK ( ACTUAL MANGA ) .... *sigh* read carefully the discription .
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
bkjeff13 wrote:
guys ... you sure are all idiots .. well right JUMP LIVE is part of SHONEN JUMP .. but JUMP LIVE is only capable only to smart phone or androids cellphones .... so .. you can only read that manga in smart phone etc ... so don't get your hopes up that manga will print in BOOK ( ACTUAL MANGA ) .... *sigh* read carefully the discription .

I don't think anyone mentioned an English physical release - but if we are on the subject I prefer a physical release as jump (as of now) is not available in the UK. The consensus seems to be that we are looking forward to see new material from Amano... I wish people would read comments carefully Wink

Edit: Typo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1