• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club's 'FrFr!' Bonus Anime Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:26 am Reply with quote
The title for this mini movie is hilariously weird, but I'm intrigued by the extras.

Sounds like a fun, cute addition to a fun, cute series so far. Wink Hope Free gets a home video release stateside.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
Yep, I certainly do not regret pre-ordering volume 1 of this anime. Embarassed Laughing
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Yep, I certainly do not regret pre-ordering volume 1 of this anime. :oops: :lol:

While I feel that there isn't enough of Gou-chan and Amakata Miho, I'm probably going to be including this in my Amazon order for September...
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
I really hope this comes out in America. Everything about this show is just <3
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Yep, I certainly do not regret pre-ordering volume 1 of this anime. Embarassed Laughing

Me either. I cannot wait for it to ship.
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
Wow, good things for me do come into threes! First I finally catch up on my backlog of news on Crunchyroll and discover that the Figuarts Zero line is releasing Kuroko's Basketball figures (albeit really crappy looking figures but I'll take it)! Then Alter is releasing a Haruka 1/8th scale figure for Free! (at an undisclosed time and price but still totally stoked!). And now this, I was already gonna get it but this is just the icing on the cake! Mind you I lament it does not come with English subtitles. That would've been nice.

Last edited by sakuragtin on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
Wow, good things for me do come into threes! First I finally catch up on my backlog of news on Crunchyroll and discover that the SHFiguarts Zero line is releasing Kuroko's Basketball figures (albeit really crappy looking figures but I'll take it)! Then Alter is releasing a Haruka 1/8th scale figure for Free! (at an undisclosed time and price but still totally stoked!). And now this, I was already gonna get it but this is just the icing on the cake! Mind you I lament it does not come with English subtitles. That would've been nice.

Yeah, I was disappointed at the Kuroko figures. They could have done better. Confused

And yea, I was hoping this would come with english subs.
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I know Bandai can release some nice looking Figuart Zeroes ( my Battle Version Ace looks gorgeous) but then they release some real stinkers (like Keith Goodman from T&B). It's a little sad that they finally release something for the series (and not the mini coin figures) and they are kinda funky looking. I'm still buying them though. I'm just too thrilled not to.

The BD for Free! looks really nice ( I just went to preorder it from CD Japan Very Happy). I guess I was lucky that Karneval got subtitles at least.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
Wow, good things for me do come into threes! First I finally catch up on my backlog of news on Crunchyroll and discover that the Figuarts Zero line is releasing Kuroko's Basketball figures (albeit really crappy looking figures but I'll take it)! Then Alter is releasing a Haruka 1/8th scale figure for Free! (at an undisclosed time and price but still totally stoked!). And now this, I was already gonna get it but this is just the icing on the cake! Mind you I lament it does not come with English subtitles. That would've been nice.

Mind sharing a source for the Haruka figure? Or images, if any?

And I'm super excited about these shorts, goodness~ This anime's like a nice dose of happy during the week.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
Mind sharing a source for the Haruka figure? Or images, if any?

I think it's just an announcement right now (no actual unpainted prototype yet). MFC's page just has the announcement at the moment.

I am soooooo going to buy this figure. I will buy all of them if they make them (please Alter, make them).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I saw it in an article on Crunchyroll. All it was was a concept art picture but it got me super excited.

Here's the link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/07/26-1/release-of-first-free-figure-penciled-in
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
They get the nice digipack!! Im so jelly Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1