• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toaru Majutsu no Index's Accelerator Gets His Own Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
about damn time. By far, on of the best characters in Index.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
They better make an anime of this.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
3rd Toaru series, and Accelerator is the main character. My life is complete.
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, this makes the 5th Toaru series. Hope that they end up animating this.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, Accelerator is one of the most entertaining characters in the Raildex universe. Looking forward to this, though I hope this isn't just the 3rd telling of the Sisters arc.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
So in two years, another seperate ongoing anime series is going to be produced, nice.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Kyaaaa! YES YES YES! Embarassed Embarassed
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
about damn time. By far, on of the best characters in Index.

v1cious wrote:
They better make an anime of this.

Yes and yes, so very hard.

Accelerator's character arc is one of my favorites. I'm hoping the Railgun manga does well enough stateside so that the Index manga/novels can be licensed too. In the meantime I'll add this promising side-story to my wish list! Wink
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Finally ANN brought it up, I knew about this days ago...

Anyway here are my opinions as I first wrote about them:

Quote:

ANOTHER SPINOFF? REALLY?

Ok, I’ll be first to admit that a spin-off with accelerator with no Kuroko and shit actually happening would probably be something that I enjoy far more than Railgun, but I really hope this series doesn’t get too spin off crazy, especially with Aceel because, isn’t he one of the main freakin’ characters now? Why does he need a spin off? Just give him another novel or two to himself and Hamazura! I’ll read it when it becomes available sure, but….I just don’t get the point... Accel’s a popular character? Yeah, I got that but if he’s a main character, what’s the point?

This also won't help the already irritating "this toaru is better than that toaru" BS, but hey it should provide some form of fun as this series always does for me.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Quote:

ANOTHER SPINOFF? REALLY?

Ok, I’ll be first to admit that a spin-off with accelerator with no Kuroko and shit actually happening would probably be something that I enjoy far more than Railgun, but I really hope this series doesn’t get too spin off crazy, especially with Aceel because, isn’t he one of the main freakin’ characters now? Why does he need a spin off? Just give him another novel or two to himself and Hamazura! I’ll read it when it becomes available sure, but….I just don’t get the point... Accel’s a popular character? Yeah, I got that but if he’s a main character, what’s the point?

This also won't help the already irritating "this toaru is better than that toaru" BS, but hey it should provide some form of fun as this series always does for me.

Honestly I don't like the main Index series, but I really enjoy Railgun. That's just me, though.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that there now will be a manga series in moé-centric Dengeki Daioh where the main character is a boy. Or is that more common than I realize? (Okay, I suppose that Kemeko DX had a male protagonist, but the title character was a female... sort of. A pudgy woman robot with an actual cute female inside)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Quote:

ANOTHER SPINOFF? REALLY?

I don know. Honestly I don't like the main Index series, but I really enjoy Railgun.

I know that's the majority opinion, I'm just stating my own personal opinion. Personally I like the main series (via novels) and only like Railgun when something is actually happening like the sisters arc or what the current arc in the manga is. Yes, I know I'm speaking 'blasphemy' but don't care at this point, I've stated many times that I know the main series has a butt-load of flaws but I enjoy it for what it is regardless and it's not as though I don't get WHY railgun is popular or much better regarded it's just not my cup of tea, simple as that. This accelerator spin-off may be more so my cup however it just gets at me a bit that because of popularity reasons we have another spinoff instead of just developing he character in the actual story and putting more fuel into the fire that is the split nature of the fandom.

I apologize for writing a paragraph for this, but this is just one of those things that really gets under my skin.
Kreion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Quote:

ANOTHER SPINOFF? REALLY?

Honestly I don't like the main Index series, but I really enjoy Railgun. That's just me, though.

I feel the opposite, I feel like Index is a far better series than Railgun. But again, that's my opinion.

I kinda agree that I don't want another toaru spin off series...I mean Accelerator is a cool character but he already appears in Index a fair bit. Misaka does too but she has the excuse of being a love interest to the main character, Accelerator is generally pretty removed from Touma in his actions.

But more importantly I don't want another damn anime series. I'm already pretty sure they're going to keep alternating between doing a series of Index and a series of Railgun - I don't want them to have yet another series to add to that rotation.

*shrug* I feel like Accelerator could have gotten along just fine with his own book or few books. Index tends to revolve around magic and Railgun around science - what's left for Accelerator to represent?
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Quote:

ANOTHER SPINOFF? REALLY?

I don know. Honestly I don't like the main Index series, but I really enjoy Railgun.

I know that's the majority opinion, I'm just stating my own personal opinion. Personally I like the main series (via novels) and only like Railgun when something is actually happening like the sisters arc or what the current arc in the manga is. Yes, I know I'm speaking 'blasphemy' but don't care at this point, I've stated many times that I know the main series has a butt-load of flaws but I enjoy it for what it is regardless and it's not as though I don't get WHY railgun is popular or much better regarded it's just not my cup of tea, simple as that. This accelerator spin-off may be more so my cup however it just gets at me a bit that because of popularity reasons we have another spinoff instead of just developing he character in the actual story and putting more fuel into the fire that is the split nature of the fandom.

I apologize for writing a paragraph for this, but this is just one of those things that really gets under my skin.
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:

I kinda agree that I don't want another toaru spin off series...I mean Accelerator is a cool character but he already appears in Index a fair bit. Misaka does too but she has the excuse of being a love interest to the main character, Accelerator is generally pretty removed from Touma in his actions.

But more importantly I don't want another damn anime series. I'm already pretty sure they're going to keep alternating between doing a series of Index and a series of Railgun - I don't want them to have yet another series to add to that rotation.

*shrug* I feel like Accelerator could have gotten along just fine with his own book or few books. Index tends to revolve around magic and Railgun around science - what's left for Accelerator to represent?

well you just said everything i wanted to and more

maybe this could work as a focused medium for index's darker story elements as allot of the current adaptions or spin-offs censor the violence and gore.

Thatguy3331 wrote:

i share the same opinion and also get annoyed, although only when people don't discretly voice them, an example is when; people bad mouth the anime adaptions they refer to the entire series. i for one don't like the railgun anime but deeply enjoy the manga, but share some issues with the animated index and hold the index LN as one of my favourite book series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3