• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2's Launch Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
terrible pirate game. now they try to rippoff nauto fighting games...just sad how this manga tries to reach narutos status.
Overrated pirate anime..
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
BelieberHokageSasuke wrote:
terrible pirate game. now they try to rippoff nauto fighting games...just sad how this manga tries to reach narutos status.
Overrated pirate anime..

You do realize One Piece is more well received than Naruto in Japan? Not to mention, sales top Naruto's, as far as I'm aware.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
yeah, One Piece easily outsells Naruto
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Overrated pirate anime..

"Tries to reach Naruto's status"

Dude, globally, One Piece has far outsold Naruto. It's so far ahead of Naruto that it's probably done close to twice the overall sales. Naruto is lucky to even have half the success of One Piece.
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
Overrated pirate anime..

"Tries to reach Naruto's status"

Dude, globally, One Piece has far outsold Naruto. It's so far ahead of Naruto that it's probably done close to twice the overall sales. Naruto is lucky to even have half the success of One Piece.

wow you are clearly badly informed or noob anime fan..

only in japan one piece sells more, in north america and everywhere else naruto stomps one piece with one finger in sales. The reason one piece sells good in japan is because there are so many children. japan has a bigass young generation of kids who ofcourse watch kids shows and read kids manga
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote

only in japan one piece sells more, in north america and everywhere else naruto stomps one piece with one finger in sales. The reason one piece sells good in japan is because there are so many children. japan has a bigass young generation of kids who ofcourse watch kids shows and read kids manga

And you call me badly informed...

One Piece's main reading demographic in Japan at the moment, despite the magazine being aimed at kids, are 25-38 year olds. There isn't a "big ass young generation" in Japan because the birth rate is lowering drastically (so serious that it's actually a bit of a major crisis over there). In fact, there's LESS kids in Japan now than there's been at any other time in recent history.

Also, let's look at this from a global perspective, since you seem to value the international market more than the sales in Japan.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/26/the-best-of-the-best-of-manga-shonen-jumps-20-best-sellers-of-all-time/

Out of the top 5 selling Shonen Jump titles of all time, the number of globally sold copies (as of this past February) sold goes like this:

1. Dragon Ball - 350 million
2. One Piece - 270 million
3. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo - 155.3 million
4. Naruto - 135.5 million
5. Slam Dunk - 117 million

See how far behind Naruto is to One Piece? In Japan, Naruto has about 90 million copies sold, meaning it gets 45 million extra internationally. For One Piece, that has 160 million in Japan, meaning internationally it has over 100 million extra. That's a huge difference.

Now, I'm not saying anything about Naruto vs. One Piece, that's all subjective. But the cold hard truth is that, in practically every country other than the US, One Piece is far more successful than Naruto. Always has been, always will be.
Raoh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:

And you call me badly informed...

One Piece's main reading demographic in Japan at the moment, despite the magazine being aimed at kids, are 25-38 year olds. There isn't a "big ass young generation" in Japan because the birth rate is lowering drastically (so serious that it's actually a bit of a major crisis over there). In fact, there's LESS kids in Japan now than there's been at any other time in recent history.

Also, let's look at this from a global perspective, since you seem to value the international market more than the sales in Japan.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/26/the-best-of-the-best-of-manga-shonen-jumps-20-best-sellers-of-all-time/

Out of the top 5 selling Shonen Jump titles of all time, the number of globally sold copies (as of this past February) sold goes like this:

1. Dragon Ball - 350 million
2. One Piece - 270 million
3. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo - 155.3 million
4. Naruto - 135.5 million
5. Slam Dunk - 117 million

See how far behind Naruto is to One Piece? In Japan, Naruto has about 90 million copies sold, meaning it gets 45 million extra internationally. For One Piece, that has 160 million in Japan, meaning internationally it has over 100 million extra. That's a huge difference.

Now, I'm not saying anything about Naruto vs. One Piece, that's all subjective. But the cold hard truth is that, in practically every country other than the US, One Piece is far more successful than Naruto. Always has been, always will be.

LOL, you're arguing with a person whos username is "BelieberHokageSasuke". I think that says all you need to know about the type of person they are.

No matter how many facts you throw out there, they're not going to believe you because thats how Narutards are.

The fact is One Piece is the best selling manga in Japan. It overtook Dragon Ball last year (if I remember correctly), although as pointed out Dragon Ball still has the worldwide best seller rank.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1