• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Meganebu, Galilei Donna, Walkure Romanze Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Was glad to see Walkure Romanze get a simulcast.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
was hoping a tiny bit that Funi would get Walkure Romanze. no big deal though
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited about Galilei Donna, but still unsure about Meganebu.
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm really wondering what Funi is gonna get this season, crunchy is snatching up shows left and right.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Bottom Biting Bug... truly the greatest masterpiece of our times. Laughing I'm glad Crunchyroll picked up Galilei Donna and Meganebu!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Wohoo, so glad CR got Galilei, although I thought I heard that title was connected to Aniplex somehow so I wonder if they'll announce that they're streaming it on their sites as well.
Rainrix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
No, no, no...and.....no.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey, aside from those Aniplex acquisitions (Which lets face it, everyone knew they were happening) and Samurai Flamenco, we're 4 shows in of nothing worthwhile at the moment.

I seriously need something good CR. Kyousogiga, Ars Nova, Beyond the Border/Kyoukai no Kanata, Nagi no Asukara, Strike The Blood, Pupa, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ANNOUNCE ONE OF THESE TOMORROW.

Gingitsune and the Aniplex acquisitions are barely covering half of what I want to watch and I really hate having to rely on the scraps given to Hulu from Funimation, Sentai and Viz.
zensunni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Galilei Donna sounds really cool! Moe and a futuristic mystery scifi story tied to the father of modern science!

Walkure Romanze sounds pretty good, too.

Maganebu ... doesn't.

Now PLEASE GET GOLDEN TIME!!!
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Wohoo, so glad CR got Galilei, although I thought I heard that title was connected to Aniplex somehow so I wonder if they'll announce that they're streaming it on their sites as well.

The listed publisher on Crunchyroll is Fuji Creative Corporation, so while I think Aniplex might be involved with production in Japan, they don't seem to be the international rights holder in this case.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote
It's good Galilei Donna is confirmed for a legit streaming. Hopefully we get to see some of that Umetsu flavor, and the story doesn't limp along the way.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 am Reply with quote
I wonder why crunchyroll are being so rubbish for the UK this season? At least we get Galleli Donna.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote
Meganebu!!! I'll see how long I can stick with it. Hopefully my reservations will turn into unnecessary worries but deep down I think I'm right Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I wonder why crunchyroll are being so rubbish for the UK this season? At least we get Galleli Donna.

Note who the publisher is for most of those shows missing from the UK (and that they aren't the publisher for Galleli Donna).

For the only one of the shows that Daisuki has also announced the regions for, note that it is also missing the UK. If the problem were with CR, why would Daisuki have the same issue?

Kyogissun wrote:
Oh hey, aside from those Aniplex acquisitions (Which lets face it, everyone knew they were happening) and Samurai Flamenco, we're 4 shows in of nothing worthwhile at the moment.

I seriously need something good CR. Kyousogiga, Ars Nova, Beyond the Border/Kyoukai no Kanata, Nagi no Asukara, Strike The Blood, Pupa, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ANNOUNCE ONE OF THESE TOMORROW.

CR typically doesn't do announcements on weekends. The reason we got these 3 on Saturday is because they had a panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta.

The season doesn't really start in earnest until Wednesday, so they certainly still have time. Odds are the "big" titles will be in cooperation with Sentai, and those tend to be announced a bit close to the time of premier.

Regarding Pupa, I find it a bit disconcerting that the usual sources still list no specfic date for it, despite it being a fall series. Also, it is shown as premiering on Nico Nico, which unless it is followed with a later TV broadcast, could mean no simulcast this season (as series that stream on Nico Nico typically see no simulcast until aired on TV, often in the following season).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:

The listed publisher on Crunchyroll is Fuji Creative Corporation, so while I think Aniplex might be involved with production in Japan, they don't seem to be the international rights holder in this case.

FCC is always the licensor for one of the two noitaminA titles each season, and someone else gets the other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2