• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 21st - April 27th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quote
Yay! Eureka Seven's "Shout to the Top" gets the pick of the week! I whole-heartedly agree.

Oh, I just loved the end of the episode. Next Saturday can't come fast enough Anime smile + sweatdrop
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote
So, Itaden Jump is a toy-inspired anime, like Zoids? Hm, maybe I shouldn't be unhappy I don't check it out.
Anyway, Naruto's ep this week was pretty good. I can't wait to see Sasuke and Itachi fight next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zcat68

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
Is there such a thing as offensive editing? Cause if there is, that's the best way to describe last night's One Piece, that was terrible.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
zcat68 wrote:
Is there such a thing as offensive editing?
The better question is "is there such a thing as inoffensive editing?" All editing bothers me personally.

To make the time go by faster between Naruto and Mar, I kept the TV on but muted and did my own dialogue through some of the scenes. (I cracked my sister up by acting out Vivi's desperate denials that her's is the worst voice in dub.)
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Anyway, Naruto's ep this week was pretty good. I can't wait to see Sasuke and Itachi fight next week.

Well, if the ads I saw were correct, Spiderman is airing next week and very well may pre-empt everything until the following week. Sad
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
zcat68 wrote:
Is there such a thing as offensive editing? Cause if there is, that's the best way to describe last night's One Piece, that was terrible.

Blame 4Kids. That's why everyone is ready for Funimation to take over on doing One Piece, because they promised the most minimal editing that Cartoon Network will allow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

Well, if the ads I saw were correct, Spiderman is airing next week and very well may pre-empt everything until the following week. Sad

CartoonNetwork.com's schedule shows Spider-Man ending at 9:30 PM, and Naruto starting at that time. The shows before Naruto are preempted, with Naruto and One Piece both being pushed back a half hour, and MAR on at 10:30 PM.

By the way, check the Manga forums for some freaking huge Viz Naruto manga news.
ichiro3923

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Based on the editor's continuous hate of Idaten Jump!, that show must really bad. But then again, I live in North America, so I'm used to kid's anime shows like Beyblade, Spider Riders, and Battle B'Daman to name a few.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote
Wow, links to anime titles so incredibly hit-or-miss it must be an automatic filter being re-implemented. Now if only I could figure out why the Pokemon 460s are new when the 700s are available on demand .... must be related to daylight saving time.

Josh7289 wrote:
CartoonNetwork.com's schedule shows Spider-Man ending at 9:30 PM, and Naruto starting at that time. The shows before Naruto are preempted, with Naruto and One Piece both being pushed back a half hour, and MAR on at 10:30 PM.

.. which thankfully includes our favorite show to pre-empt, but spares One Piece.
seedwingemp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
There making big deal on Sunday about the last episode of Eureka 7. The next week start on GITS:2nd gig. I think Adult Swim won't take any risk on Saturday. They just want high ratings. If IFC start getting more anime I think they would be winner of TV ratings.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:15 am Reply with quote
Even if AS doesn't repeat E7 on Saturdays, they still may repeat it on weeknights. The repeats of Inuyasha will be reaching their end in a couple of weeks so, who knows? I can't remember a show that AS has aired that they havn't re-run at least once.

Yeah, sooner or later, a weekday re-run will probably happen.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Even if AS doesn't repeat E7 on Saturdays, they still may repeat it on weeknights. The repeats of Inuyasha will be reaching their end in a couple of weeks so, who knows?

Actually, the online schedule that [adult swim]'s posted shows that, upon the conclusion of InuYasha, the same show will simply repeat all over again. Thusly, E7's gonna be left in the dark for a while.

Also, some (really) advance warning here. The same schedule shows that the Saturday night block will be pre-empted for a Futurama marathon on June 2nd. Time to make some alternative plans...
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:21 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
daedelus wrote:
Even if AS doesn't repeat E7 on Saturdays, they still may repeat it on weeknights. The repeats of Inuyasha will be reaching their end in a couple of weeks so, who knows?

Actually, the online schedule that [adult swim]'s posted shows that, upon the conclusion of InuYasha, the same show will simply repeat all over again. Thusly, E7's gonna be left in the dark for a while.

Also, some (really) advance warning here. The same schedule shows that the Saturday night block will be pre-empted for a Futurama marathon on June 2nd. Time to make some alternative plans...

Yeah, I figured it would probably be later, rather than sooner.

Futurama marathon,eh? Well, I guess I can work on the huge backlog stack of DVDs I have.
seedwingemp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quote
There was time when cartoon network means cartoons 24/7 but out of three cartoon networks only one show cartoons 24/7. That Nicktoons Network there not as stupid as turner networks. There all programing maybe Nick but they would never show lice action. Cartoon Network as official lost is way in every way. Anime use to be showcase but now there original and popular programing has taken over.

If AS is not successful one night but successful the other night. Then should accept lower ratings and take viewpoint of program is meant for. All see from Turner networks is there not willing to take risk. Least Fox has taken lot of risk on shows so, some shows not successful. They took risk of showing it.

For this reason AS is not successful anymore. There just becoming want they were against. now rating is everything. And without anime AS won't be successful. AS would be come want every Saturday night program dull boring and not take any chance. Want to see Turner networks take some action on AS by firing group and hiring new people to run AS. The people of AS just becoming jerks to everyone and those stupid commercial for Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie just beating a dead horse.

The movie is proof that they can't do any large scale thing right. This movie that they thought going be successful but wasn't. They should face consequence of there choices. Not let them skid by so easing. I'm sure in sometime there going to fire or dis pane group make them pay for there decisions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2