• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Asteria Mobile Game Unites Tales of Characters This Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 am Reply with quote
Looks interesting.

*Waiting for fans to bitch about the choice of characters, especially a certain someone.*

Last edited by the-antihero on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
*Will not bitch about choice characters*

I want this but I doubt it will come state side.
happyfly1188

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
This looks really interesting lol. Buuuttt.....nvm I aint gonna bitch lol
Zixeon14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh god Milla is so fawking hot.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I love the cross-over content. I'm enjoying the heck out of the Tales of Academia comic right now in fact. I was wondering when the next game would be. Tales of Heroes: Twin Brave was PSP so it's been a while.

I know they want translate this for us, though; I guess I'll hunt down screenshots or an emulated version of it.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
I guess I'll hunt down an emulated version of it.

Not happening.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The inclusion of a new theme song from a big name band gives me hope that this is a serious game, but I just can't trust a "free-to-play" Tales game after what they did to Phantasia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
Lady Multi wrote:
I guess I'll hunt down an emulated version of it.

Not happening.

Why? I had perfect access to the CCS Japanese-only mobile game until they shut it down. I only messed with it once but I did mess with it.

The game is free-to-play as it is; running it wouldn't be an issue, I just wouldn't be able to buy any of the micro-transaction.

And you're speaking to someone who cheats out the lives on Candy Crush and the time in the My Little Pony mobile game. Free-to-play; just I aint waiting 5 hours to play the next level if I want. If I can't play it whenever, then I'll just delete it and the stuff I do decide to buy won't happen.

Google Play games are easy to pull off; that is why I have all mine pulled off of my phone and onto my computer if I ever chose to access them there.

...you do realize that an Android emulator does exist, don't you? IOS has an emulator, too, for that matter.

EDIT:
...Did a quick 30 second search and found 56 Android game roms.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:57 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
Why? I had perfect access to the CCS Japanese-only mobile game until they shut it down. I only messed with it once but I did mess with it.

The game is free-to-play as it is; running it wouldn't be an issue, I just wouldn't be able to buy any of the micro-transaction.

And you're speaking to someone who cheats out the lives on Candy Crush and the time in the My Little Pony mobile game. Free-to-play; just I aint waiting 5 hours to play the next level if I want. If I can't play it whenever, then I'll just delete it and the stuff I do decide to buy won't happen.

Google Play games are easy to pull off; that is why I have all mine pulled off of my phone and onto my computer if I ever chose to access them there.

...you do realize that an Android emulator does exist, don't you? IOS has an emulator, too, for that matter.

EDIT:

I meant that no one ever does emulations of anything from the Tales series. Otherwise, don't you think we'd have gotten all those Tales of Mobile titles years ago?
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
Lady Multi wrote:

EDIT:

I meant that no one ever does emulations of anything from the Tales series. Otherwise, don't you think we'd have gotten all those Tales of Mobile titles years ago?

Took me a couple of minutes but I just found "Tales of the World: Tactics Union" apk file on the internet one of the Tales of Mobile games. Not going to link it

You just have to know the specific title and the patience to search for it.

And if you paid attention to my original post, I said the fact that I would either find screenshots or the emulation.

Of the other Tales of Mobile that were original stories, I have long since already seen screenshots and video of these titles.
...and those were pre-android/ios games. They were "mobile" games which were usually subscription based.

I'm speaking of Android games and IOS games which can easily be emulated.

and you stated: "I meant that no one ever does emulations of anything from the Tales series." which is completely incorrect otherwise there wouldn't be a fan-translations of Tales of Innocence that exists and would not play without emulation and/or R4 card for the DS.
...and I've already stated that I found the "Tales of the World: Tactics Union" game so....if that one made it then this would will see the same fate.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
It sure would have been nice to have original story mobile Tales games. I say it all the time, but I would love it if they could re-imagine them for an iOS or console release (like a three-in-one pack). I have the long since sold out art book for Breaker/Common/Wahrheit and the more I keep looking at it, the more I want to try all three.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
And if you paid attention to my original post, I said the fact that I would either find screenshots or the emulation.

Of the other Tales of Mobile that were original stories, I have long since already seen screenshots and video of these titles.
...and those were pre-android/ios games. They were "mobile" games which were usually subscription based.

I'm speaking of Android games and IOS games which can easily be emulated.

and you stated: "I meant that no one ever does emulations of anything from the Tales series."

You do know you can just quote the parts of the post that are necessary to respond to instead of re-quoting everything, right?

I did pay attention, but what good are screenshots going to do exactly?

When I said that I meant from the mobile series specifically. And I know all that, but I'm saying it's a shame none of those subscription games have been made playable in some way. All I've seen is someone play Tales of Breaker on a NND video, albeit rather poorly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1