• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, March 24-30

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lusbox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Non Non Biyori's up there, would love a 2nd season.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:08 am Reply with quote
Looks like Madoka will crush everything next weeks. 90%+ of next week's disc sales will go to Madoka.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:14 am Reply with quote
Code Geass is still popular, it seems.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
^ Anything they print out with that name will be popular son Laughing

Glad to see Witch Craft Works and Nisekoi doing decently.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:

Remember than Nisekoi volume 1 has an event ticket. It'll probably drop for volume 2 and later.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
A Please Teacher/Please Twins combination BD set - I kind of like to see that make it out of Japan. More than most of the new stuff -totally a lie, it's "all"- and certainly more than Code Geass 2.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
I am disappointed and confused that Noragami did not even rank in the top 20 BD chart (it did good on the DVD chart though). The chances of getting another season of Noragami, my favorite series that debuted in 2014 so far, are not looking good.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am disappointed and confused that Noragami did not even rank in the top 20 BD chart (it did good on the DVD chart though). The chances of getting another season of Noragami, my favorite series that debuted in 2014 so far, are not looking good.

This week has a 3.3k threshold, for a winter 2014 show that has a 50/50 split in BD/DVD numbers that is not a surprise. If the BD is underestimated as much as the DVD, then we are looking at 6k~ for its first volume.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:

Remember than Nisekoi volume 1 has an event ticket. It'll probably drop for volume 2 and later.

I had feeling that Nisekoi had pull something get that high.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

This week has a 3.3k threshold, for a winter 2014 show that has a 50/50 split in BD/DVD numbers that is not a surprise. If the BD is underestimated as much as the DVD, then we are looking at 6k~ for its first volume.

Well; if it is 6k, then it is good and within the 5-7k per volume I hoped and expected Noragami to average. Thanks for the explanation.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
rederoin wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Well; if it is 6k, then it is good and within the 5-7k per volume I hoped and expected Noragami to average. Thanks for the explanation.

v1 & 2 have an event ticket though, going by the stalker estimates. v3+ will have a 55% drop. Still, it'll sell a lot better than most winter 2014 shows. I'm glad its underestimated, it makes winter 2014 looks less depressing.

7k~ for V1 and v2, and then around 3.5k~ for v3/4/5/6? Going by todays sales. It should get a decent average of around 4.5k~. Ofcourse we won't know for sure until v3 comes out.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
Sad to see Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga. not making the cut-off. My copy of vol 1 shipped last week. Can't say I'm not surprised though, it is a bit of an acquired taste. Fantastic show nevertheless.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Shows that are actually just straight up good without any weird gimmicks or otaku pandering never seem to sell enough to get a second season so we just kind of seem to end up getting more of the same kind of romantic comedies plugging holes during any given season and they end up selling better than the shows that actually try to be more than just fetish fuel for otaku or some played out directors sandbox to play around in cause anything with his name on it will be a bestseller by comparison.

I'm not sure there's actually enough material actually left in Noragami to warrant a second season for a while now so we'll just have to wait and see but I'm not holding my breath. Bones is one of those studios that always seems to be moving onto to something else or trying something a little different.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm more sad that Nourin bombed hard, that show was so uniquely enjoyable, much better than Moyashimon S2. I was hoping for these pastoral and agricultural anime to become a major trend.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Nourin isn't even out yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2