• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/hollow ataraxia PS Vita Game's Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unitmikey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I hope we can get a full TV series out of ataraxia, as I'm sure that a lot of the Fate fans would eat it up in a second. I would have preferred this over remaking the first series but maybe that will lead into a future ataraxia adaption?
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote
^ Would a full TV series out of ataraxia really make much sense, though? As sought after as a competently-done and fully-translated-and-validated version of Fate/hollow ataraxia may be, it's not really a sequel-sequel to Fate/stay night, right? Though it's a scenario that apparently occurs some months after F/sn, I don't believe it's a follow up to any of the three routes of F/sn. Additionally, from what I understand, the VN's a bit superfluous story-wise, being a fandisc more concerned with providing service for fans of its predecessor than it is with telling a story meant to be taken as seriously as F/sn's or Fate/Zero's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
unitmikey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
@Animerican14

You may be right, because I thought I was following along with this franchise closely enough, but it just seems like there are so many different ends and pieces going off of everything at this point. I just saw that you play Shiro over a year later and then a new war starts, and I've always thought that there must be some way to turn that into a new season/show.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
unitmikey wrote:
I hope we can get a full TV series out of ataraxia, as I'm sure that a lot of the Fate fans would eat it up in a second. I would have preferred this over remaking the first series but maybe that will lead into a future ataraxia adaption?

That is exactly what i & a lot of fate fans are thinking now.especially those that have played both its non ero PlayStation Vita versions and it's ero PC versions.

it have been way long overdue for a hollow ataraxia to be adapted into an anime TV series.

sure i like the news of the new FSN whether its a remake , a new path , or the one that follows Realta Nua:Heaven's Feel, but most people would rather see hollow ataraxia instead. though it would be interesting if this new FSN is similar to fate/extra. that would seriously through people off a loop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
As much as I'd like to see Bazett or that Saber vs. Archer battle animated, I don't think an anime would be a good idea. F/HA is a groundhog day scenario. It's a fandisc, not a serious sequel and not that interesting dramatically. Maybe it could work if done in a style similar to Carnival Phantasm, but hyping it as a sequel to F/SN would be wrong.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
unitmikey wrote:
@Animerican14

You may be right, because I thought I was following along with this franchise closely enough, but it just seems like there are so many different ends and pieces going off of everything at this point. I just saw that you play Shiro over a year later and then a new war starts, and I've always thought that there must be some way to turn that into a new season/show.

Thats not really an accurate description of the set up. I don't really consider this a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway. spoiler[It isn't a new war. They're reliving the old one in a time loop.
]

jr0904 wrote:
sure i like the news of the new FSN whether its a remake , a new path , or the one that follows Realta Nua:Heaven's Feel, but most people would rather see hollow ataraxia instead.

Who is this most people? Where did you get this statistic? Sounds like just your (and maybe your personal group of friends) opinion. I've never heard of a giant ataraxia following at all.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote
actually there is in the type moon forums. though if it was a choice between heaven's feel or hollow ataraxia, everyone there as well as most fate fans (especially those fans of sakura and rider ) would prefer heaven's feel over hollow ataraxia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1