• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arpeggio of Blue Steel Gets 2 Anime Films in 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Well 2 movie one recap and the other new cant wait to watch them
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Dear lord.... Of COURSE movies don't get simulcasted... since it's impossible to do so. These movies are show in CINEMA, there IS nothing to simulcast until a home video version is available, wish takes between 4 to 12 months, just like in America. Have YOU ever seen a Hollywood blockbuster simulcasted at the same time it's on the big screen? Think, people, think.

Aside from missing the point, "impossible" is incorrect, since CR did it with the Wake Up! Girls movie. (Premiered in Japan on January 10, 2014, posted to CR the same day).
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
A skippable recap and a new movie, well I'll go for the second movie which could turn out well since the CG can be improved with the larger budget.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Wake Up Girls is an exception, and a fairly odd one. The movie was also shown on Japanese TV at the same time it was simulcasted in America. I have NO idea about what kind of cinema run it had, if any, but its release was unusual, and to my knowledge, this has not happened before.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Two films huh? I wonder how much material will be used from the manga. Oh well, might look forward to it~

No telling since the anime decided to go down it's own unique path, which was fine for the most part. It's one of those situations where what they did was good but I really wanted to see the original story animated.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Why hasn't the anime been licensed anyway? No one wants it?
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. Probably gonna skip the recap but definitely looking forward to part 2. Hopefully the theatrical budget means actual theatrical level animation quality.
And i echo the question, why is this not licensed yet? Funi and Sentai usually get rights early, unless NIS is licensing this.(for that matter, Wake up Girls, Brynhildr and Chaika also need licensing)
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
Ars Nova is back More epic warship battles & cute girls!! I 'll check it when it release 2nd film. Depending on their performance,It's just a matter of time before we get a second season.

Yup, I'm hyped for that second movie with more new stuff, really enjoyed the series. Smile

Hopefully the movie does extremely well too and we get even more.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Alright! Bring it on. Now if only someone would license the series for home video...
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
You can count the number of times an anime movie has been simulcast on one hand with fingers left over.

Dear lord.... Of COURSE movies don't get simulcasted... since it's impossible to do so. These movies are show in CINEMA, there IS nothing to simulcast until a home video version is available, wish takes between 4 to 12 months, just like in America. Have YOU ever seen a Hollywood blockbuster simulcasted at the same time it's on the big screen? Think, people, think.
PS: If you prefer to not watch the continuation of a show just because it's a movie or an OVA, that's YOUR problem.

I don't think Simulcast was AncientOne's point. Some people want to watch anime legally and making it a movie limits the possibility significantly.

then AncientOne was wrong. I can't count them all with one hand. there are many movies being streamed. It' just not Simulcast or in the same week as the jp bluray release.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

I don't think Simulcast was AncientOne's point. Some people want to watch anime legally and making it a movie limits the possibility significantly.

then AncientOne was wrong. I can't count them all with one hand. there are many movies being streamed. It' just not Simulcast or in the same week as the jp bluray release.

Simulcast was part of my point, but not all of it. My other point was that without a home video release, the odds of a movie being streamed are low.

Of those "many movies" (and I was specifically talking anime movies) how many that are streaming don't have an accompanying physical release?

ScruffyKiwi was correct in that a good part of my point that releasing this as a movie is bad news for those wanting to view it legally. If this had been a second series, we could all look forward to it being on CR.

As a movie, there isn't much chance unless some company licenses it for home video and also decides to stream it online (and even if they didn't at least a home video release would give an avenue to view it legally, albeit likely with greater expense).
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:54 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
It isn't impossible, which means it is possible, but it also isn't likely.

True, it is unlikely. Can't argue there. Laughing

I'm hoping to hear something soon when it comes to the Steins;Gate movie...(even though the version released in Japan has subs...I want to wait and see if Madman gets the movie)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2