• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Garo Anime's Main Cast Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Ah interesting. I think I'll actually look forward to this. I took a glimpse at the live version before though a few months ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I've been so stoked since this was announced. I know people have drastically differing opinions on Kobayashi's work, but I've enjoyed most of what I've seen, and after having read the manga of Attack on Titan, I think her screenplay for the anime is a vast improvement.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for both this and their Bahamut Genesis show.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Confused *Sweats at the character design*

I'll have to gather some faith. We'l just have to see. I hope it retains its violence.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I saw this and was like Garo, like the live action series?! And in fact it was, but I would have never guessed that from the designs. I did like Garo a lot so I'm willing to give it a try though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yappers4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I looked at the design before reading the article and thought, "This has JAM Project opening song written all over it," and what would you know? Laughing
wohdin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
MAX HYPE.

I've only been into Garo for a short time (really I've only been watching the new series, Makai no Hana, which I'm thoroughly enjoying), so to hear that there will be an anime in the same world is pretty awesome.

I hope it maintains every drop of campiness of the live-action stuff.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
wohdin wrote:
I've only been into Garo for a short time (really I've only been watching the new series, Makai no Hana, which I'm thoroughly enjoying), so to hear that there will be an anime in the same world is pretty awesome.

I'm enjoying the current series a lot as well. Simple and straightforward with broadly-drawn, likable characters. Was kind of hoping the fallen knight from last week might stick around; it was a cool monster design, and we don't really have a big bad yet.

As for this anime, I'd kind of like to see the mythology elaborated on a little instead of doing monster-of-the-week most of the time. I haven't watched the early seasons, but the otherworld part of the setting just feels a little vague to me. Maybe in animation they can show us some places that the TV show never had the budget for.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
@vanfanel - can you please mark your spoilers? I'm a couple episodes behind in Makai no Hana, and I didn't want to know the plot of an episode I've still got to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1