• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Electronic Light Novels you can purchase?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RZetlin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Other than the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya novels are there any electronic versions of Light Novels you can purchase online?

It would be nice if Yen Press distribute an electronic format of Spice and Wolf novels.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
You can get Aria the Scarlet Ammo novels from DMG on emanga.com (or at Amazon). I've only read the first couple of pages (life happened), but it seems like a decent translation thus far.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote
RZetlin wrote:
Other than the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya novels are there any electronic versions of Light Novels you can purchase online?

It's not quite a light novel IMO, but Yukito Ayatsuji's horror novel "Another" is only available as an ebook. I can't speak to the quality of translation, but I read it in Japanese and enjoyed it a lot.
RZetlin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I also found Book Girl is in digital format.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
I don't know if they count as light novels, but most of the Vampire Hunter D books are available on Kindle.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
I don't know if they count as light novels, but most of the Vampire Hunter D books are available on Kindle.

If the term had been around when the series started, it might have been applied to VHD, but that series began way back in the 80s, and belongs, I believe, to a different tradition -- that of the action sci-fi/horror serial. Series in that mold (there were plenty of them in the 80s and 90s) are really nothing like the LNs of today, and the ones that are still in print/still running aren't stocked with the LNs in Japanese bookstores. That's probably because they don't appeal to today's moe-crazed teens, but to greying geeks from the 80s.
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
iv been looking for the novels for haruhi in english for a while and haven't found them yet europe here
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1