• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Realtor Holds 4-Panel Manga Contest About Apartments

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
I wonder how this will turn out, since this sounds like a thing that's aimed at increasing tourism.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote
So, the apartment next door to mine is a Leopalace 21 that looks exactly like that one in the picture.

It's filled with noisy, inconsiderate foreign students (mainly from china and korea) who don't properly sort their trash and are loud late at night over the weekends.

The single rooms are absolutely tiny and the furnishings are the equivalent of ikea crap... It's basically suited to students who just need a room to crash in. They provide a good service for foreigners who would have a hard time renting a place in Japan, but that's about it.

Well... maybe I'm being a little to harsh. At least the building is new and they just installed solar panels on the roof (rent includes utilities though so that just saves the company money, not the renters)
mixedfish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

It's filled with noisy, inconsiderate foreign students (mainly from china and korea) who don't properly sort their trash and are loud late at night over the weekends.

If you think that's bad, the indifferent Japanese youths living in them are worse. I remember living there all those years ago, and the snow piled up enough to block access to the path out, bike station and car park. Feeling the responsibility I started shoveling the snow and a tenant past me by just to throw his unsorted trash out, gave me a glance and returned back into his apartment without any word. THANKS jack ass.

I also once had door knock by a cop because apparently my neighbour complained of the noise I was making from my stereo...because he was trying to sleep at 4:30pm, by all means fair enough if anyone would consider volume 'loud' to be comfortable at 4-5m away. Suffice to say I got my revenge on him the following summer by shoving a big dead cicada into his mail slot.

Good times at Leopalace.

As funny as it sounds, living next to rude foreigners is better than any Japanese in Japan. At least they will confront you if they have a problem and you can just laugh in their face, rather than have something ridiculous like send a cop at you because they want to nap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1