• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!!×2 Anime's English-Subtitled Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Very excited for this and I'm glad it will be a 3 cour Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
It has a slightly different look (not in a bad way, either) and looks higher budgeted. Very glad to see a sequel and apparent committal to adapting the franchise a la Monogatari and Fate series (gotta at least hand that to Aniplex…). It'll be interesting to see what a new studio like Shuka can do, much less on a production backed by Aniplex's coffers…

Now, how about that Baccano!… Wink spoiler[(Pretty please? I know it didn't sell that well in Japan, but still…)]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this show coming back.

Sam Murai wrote:
Now, how about that Baccano!… Wink spoiler[(Pretty please? I know it didn't sell that well in Japan, but still…)]

Not that I'd mind if it did get one since it was a great show, but if I recall correctly, Baccano wrapped itself up pretty well and isn't exactly screaming for another season.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Really looking forward to this show coming back.

Sam Murai wrote:

Not that I'd mind if it did get one since it was a great show, but if I recall correctly, Baccano wrapped itself up pretty well and isn't exactly screaming for another season.

Since approximately three to four novels-worth of material was adapted out of twenty-one (as of 2013), I think there is room enough for at least one sequel (perhaps a cour or a little longer, based on some of what has yet to be adapted).
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
Ugh want to own and shelf this sooo bad and its not even aired. If any Aniplex US or JP representatives are reading this: please offer ENG subtitle options on your JP discs and my family will buy immediately ;p god this is going to be EPIC. I'm curious to how they plan on initially releasing it to home video seeing that they are marketing it as a three cour off the bat...do I sense BD boxes??
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1